Buck and a field edge.. (map)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Re: Buck and a field edge.. (map)

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Sun May 29, 2011 4:13 am

Here is another map you may like. As you can see I viewed the bedding locations slightly different than Dan, but I would say when in doubt go with Dan. Dan is the man and he has a lot more experience than me.

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
KYBowhunter89

Unread postby KYBowhunter89 » Sun May 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Deerslayer's map makes a world of difference on picking bedding!

The Bedding he picked that is the most Easterly on the map looks like an awesome spot to set up on a Northwest wind. About 200 yards East-Northeast of the bed, at the same elevation. You could catch him following the leeward side of the ridge with the option of dropping down to the bottom field or the top field. That point needs to be first examined to see if there is actual buck bedding on the point or in that area. You could find a real "Kill Tree" on that ridge if so, with great access.
Mule Feathers

Unread postby Mule Feathers » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:56 am

Thanks, deerslayer for that latest map. That topo overlay is awesome. I have been sick since Saturday so I didn't go scouting this past Sunday but plan to this weekend. Thanks for the input KYbowhunter. I am pretty sure the buck travels that eastern ridge you are speaking about in the late season. A couple big rubs appeared along there in late November.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”