This is my Town

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Chuck B
500 Club

Re: This is my Town

Unread postby Chuck B » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:41 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:Amen Boogie! I’ve got 3 little kids and a high maintenance wife. All big bucks in my zip code better watch out cuz I’m not going anywhere!

I’m guessing she is not a Beast member :lol:

Maybe Shopping Beast

I did explain to her what a spike is last night. She liked that they are called spikes. :roll:

The Shopping Beast :think: I like it! A forum based website for the hardcore, compulsive buyer.

Topics…..
Scouting for Black Friday
Pressured malls
Cyber scouting deals
Public parking

Don’t forgot about topics called;
“Does this look good on me?”
“It was on sale so I had to buy it”

If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:50 am

Chuck B wrote:I thought you were going to go with an Eric Church reference with his song “this is my hometown”. One of my favorites.

I guarantee you own your county!

I like that song too! Along with Tattoos on this Town by Jason Aldean. And Photograph by Nickleback
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:I realize we all hunt different circumstances and have different goals. In places like this you never actually know what crowd u are talking to. Just gonna offer my advice if some reader finds themselves in my situation. We can’t all take off of work, buy non resident license, spend gas to travel to all 4 corners of the earth. In such cases I don’t feel I’m at a disadvantage. In fact I believe home court advantage was named for a reason. I will be the first to tell ya I am likely to get dusted in every other counties woods and water in the great entire USA. But I tell ya what…. I ain’t gonna get beat in mine. I would rather be great right here than mediocre everywhere. Prob sounds sorry but the best times of my life are when folks pull up to a public boat ramp or woodlot and say that (f-bomb) is here.

I love that feeling. Why? Cause I worked my entire life for that edge. I don’t give a flying hoot if that makes me a one trick pony or not. What I get a kick out of is big money bringing it down and getting dusted by a guy without a boat or shooting a stickbow. There is great benefits to hunting where u live! A hunter who spends 150 days a year in the woods is leaps and bounds above those that must travel and only get a couple weekends a year in. Beat em with effort, determination, and guts! One thing money will never be able to buy is time. That’s the equalizer for rednecks who set there life up to hunt/fish. Choose wisely and live with your choices!

Whitetail Wishes……

Well said, very well said.

I did the travel hunting thing in my younger days, that's past me now. Now I stick too my home state and more and more each year it seems I lesson up the amount of public I hunt to now I'm down to just a few select areas.

But I know those areas inside and out and can get it done there, just about anytime.

You cant get good at killing them, if you dont put the time in to finding them and you dont get good at finding them without being in the woods.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:20 pm

I agree.

Although I am pretty opposite in my strategy, it’s because my town sucks :lol:

If you live anywhere with half decent deer hunting, you should be that local who is ‘lucky’ just about every year before you begin traveling to hunt. Because if you can’t do it with home court advantage you will struggle on the road. Unless you live somewhere that is pretty tough and you are going somewhere quite a bit ‘better’. But the grass ain’t always greener…
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:09 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Chuck B wrote:I thought you were going to go with an Eric Church reference with his song “this is my hometown”. One of my favorites.

I like that song too! Along with Tattoos on this Town by Jason Aldean. And Photograph by Nickleback

I sense a tad bit of sarcasm!

You are all head bangin heavy rock aren’t you?
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:14 am

Chuck B wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:

I sense a tad bit of sarcasm!

You are all head bangin heavy rock aren’t you?

No sarcasm. I listen to a bit of everything (with the exception of rap or whatever u call it) Don’t really care for the new stuff though.
-John Wayne-
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:32 am

Yeah I can get it done locally and have seemingly endless public land options and real good private to hunt if I want. But I get bored of it pretty quick. I’d rather travel on an out of state adventure just about any day. It’s more about having fun and making memories and new experiences for me
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:55 am

brancher147 wrote:Yeah I can get it done locally and have seemingly endless public land options and real good private to hunt if I want. But I get bored of it pretty quick. I’d rather travel on an out of state adventure just about any day. It’s more about having fun and making memories and new experiences for me

I understand! Just personally don’t have the boredom problem. I luv hunting a stand that I’ve hunted for 20 years and reliving all those old memories. I like knowing what deer will do b4 they do it. Will say I would travel to Kansas or Iowa for some top shelf private. But that’s because the juice is worth the squeeze. I can guarantee I’m not gonna travel to New York or Michigan to hunt whitetails. I see no point in it. I mean if it’s about challenge I would rather pick up a spear and save the gas. Now that is just me and I’ve never been accused of having some grand visions.
-John Wayne-
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:28 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:
Ryan549 wrote:
Stingray713 wrote:Amen Boogie! I’ve got 3 little kids and a high maintenance wife. All big bucks in my zip code better watch out cuz I’m not going anywhere!

I’m guessing she is not a Beast member :lol:

Maybe Shopping Beast

I did explain to her what a spike is last night. She liked that they are called spikes. :roll:

The Shopping Beast :think: I like it! A forum based website for the hardcore, compulsive buyer.

Topics…..
Scouting for Black Friday
Pressured malls
Cyber scouting deals
Public parking

:lol:
Mopar1169
500 Club

Unread postby Mopar1169 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Nothing wrong with hunting the home turf. But I travel so I can actually hunt for a week straight. I have too much stuff going on around home with little time working full time and farming too. Only days I get time to hunt around home is in the rain and snow. Not complaining that's just the way it is. When I take a trip there are no distractions I can just hunt. Those are the vacations I get to enjoy.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:38 pm

Mopar1169 wrote:Nothing wrong with hunting the home turf. But I travel so I can actually hunt for a week straight. I have too much stuff going on around home with little time working full time and farming too. Only days I get time to hunt around home is in the rain and snow. Not complaining that's just the way it is. When I take a trip there are no distractions I can just hunt. Those are the vacations I get to enjoy.

Now that I understand! What I miss the most is the old days of “hunting camp.” Now I come home from a day of hunting and it’s just back to the typical grind. Don’t get the full adventure factor.
-John Wayne-
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:15 pm

I have never traveled to hunt…yet anyways. However I do hunt multiple counties and properties in wisconsin that offer different terrain. Personally there’s nothing like the hills of western wisconsin for me, that’s where I wanna be as much as I can .

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”