WI Archery Season 2021!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

szwampdonkey
500 Club

Re: WI Archery Season 2021!

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:37 am

Tim H wrote:This summer were in the process of selling our house, buying a house, and moving. We have been in the new house for two weeks now. I have yet to see the woods since May which is long over due. Honestly this is the longest stretch that I've been away from the woods in a very long time.

Opening day for me will be a kill mission. I will have every intent on releasing an arrow if a nice buck or doe presents itself. Odds are I'll end up in a tree of some wet place I've never been too. The goal is to use information I learned the past few seasons to get me in a good position to make it happen. ;)

I was in a similar situation in 2018. Sold our house, bought a new one, and moved in late July. There is a lot of public to hunt around our place but i never stepped foot on any of it until after the season started so was basically scouting as i hunted. Still tagged a deer just not a nice mature buck like I would of liked.

Good luck this year!

szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:41 am

Jonny wrote:And just scored permission on 300 acres of company property in Waukesha county.

Pretty sure it’s pressured quite a bit, but I’ve seen a fair amount of deer driving through there before.

I used to hunt some private in Waukesha Cty north of Mukwonago that butted up against unhuntable subdivision land. Some of the nicest bucks ive had an opportunity to hunt, some real studs around that property.

Hope that 300 acres holds a couple nice ones! Id be excited if i were you too.
Netloss

Unread postby Netloss » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:59 pm

We hunt near Stevens Point and it's the first year in quite awhile that we have not had a 140 class or better on the cameras.
A lot of Coyotes and few fawns.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:26 pm

I’m ready I need some tree therapy
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:09 pm

Pretty pumped! I have a 6 month old who is cutting teeth at home so my time in the woods will be limited but i will get out and about for sure! I was up staring at the stars early this morning, reminded me that its almost time to go creeping around in the woods trying to find a buck.
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:12 pm

szwampdonkey wrote:
Jonny wrote:And just scored permission on 300 acres of company property in Waukesha county.

Pretty sure it’s pressured quite a bit, but I’ve seen a fair amount of deer driving through there before.

I used to hunt some private in Waukesha Cty north of Mukwonago that butted up against unhuntable subdivision land. Some of the nicest bucks ive had an opportunity to hunt, some real studs around that property.

I’m up near Sussex. Lots of unhuntable land around as well. The loader operator told me he sees a few guys that have permission and have stands hanging, but he’s seen some real nice ones cruising the pit floor. They like running along side his loader.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
MartyMoose

Unread postby MartyMoose » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:48 am

I'm jacked for Bow season. I will be starting my bow season out of state, in southeastern minnessota. Looking forward to exploring those bluffs.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:27 am

MartyMoose wrote:I'm jacked for Bow season. I will be starting my bow season out of state, in southeastern minnessota. Looking forward to exploring those bluffs.

Sounds like fun. Good luck Marty!
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:47 am

szwampdonkey wrote:
Tim H wrote:This summer were in the process of selling our house, buying a house, and moving. We have been in the new house for two weeks now. I have yet to see the woods since May which is long over due. Honestly this is the longest stretch that I've been away from the woods in a very long time.

Opening day for me will be a kill mission. I will have every intent on releasing an arrow if a nice buck or doe presents itself. Odds are I'll end up in a tree of some wet place I've never been too. The goal is to use information I learned the past few seasons to get me in a good position to make it happen. ;)

I was in a similar situation in 2018. Sold our house, bought a new one, and moved in late July. There is a lot of public to hunt around our place but i never stepped foot on any of it until after the season started so was basically scouting as i hunted. Still tagged a deer just not a nice mature buck like I would of liked.

Good luck this year!

This season I'm going to rely on a lot of past history and spring scouting along with scout in while I'm hunting. Not a single trail cam of mine is out which is highly unusual. I'm pretty confident in the spots I've scouted in spring. I just need the stars to align.

Good luck to you also!
MuskieHunterDave
Facebook: can suck it.

Unread postby MuskieHunterDave » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:50 am

Bummed at the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday. Highs in the 80s and a south wind, which means I can't hunt the two new spots I am most excited about.

The real tough thing is hoping some amateur doesn't go in there and blow the spot by hunting it with the wrong wind..
Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10
Buckharasser150

Unread postby Buckharasser150 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:04 am

I have a hunting buddy who has a rough home life. He invited me out to a spot he has access to. I can't wait to hunt with him! I pray that God creates a moment to tell him about Jesus Christ, and that God opens his heart. I ask that you pray :) I pray that everyone out there hunting enjoys God's creation but more importantly grow in Christ and His Word. Amen (Let it be so)
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Definitely not the forecast i was hoping for but im not staying out of the woods
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 pm

They’ll still be moving no problem this time of year in warm weather. Can’t wait to get after em!
Autiger
500 Club

Unread postby Autiger » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Jonny wrote:
szwampdonkey wrote:

I’m up near Sussex. Lots of unhuntable land around as well. The loader operator told me he sees a few guys that have permission and have stands hanging, but he’s seen some real nice ones cruising the pit floor. They like running along side his loader.

I’m from the Hartland area originally but live in downtown MKE. My brother camps and fishes some quarries in the Merton/Sussex area off Plainview since his best friends family owns the land and had owned Spancrete before it sold. If always thought about inquiring about getting permission, but it’s his friend and I’ve only met him a couple of times.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:26 am

Autiger wrote:
Jonny wrote:
szwampdonkey wrote:

I’m from the Hartland area originally but live in downtown MKE. My brother camps and fishes some quarries in the Merton/Sussex area off Plainview since his best friends family owns the land and had owned Spancrete before it sold. If always thought about inquiring about getting permission, but it’s his friend and I’ve only met him a couple of times.

Always worth asking but generally it seems like you really need to know the right people. I’m lucky with what I do that not only does my company own the most (or second most depending on the year) private land in the state, but I regularly deal and work with companies who also own a lot of land. And any property we own, is hunted hard. I’m actually stunned I’m even being considered for this property considering some of the ones I got turned down for. Still waiting for final approval and I wouldn’t be surprised if it fell through. I’m like 0-15 on properties I actually manage the operations at. And this one I currently don’t.

Plainview huh?
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”