Whats your opening day plan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Whats your opening day plan?

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:16 am

Work! What can I say I’m a real go getter….

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Mopar1169
500 Club

Unread postby Mopar1169 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:46 am

My opening day will be a 16 hour drive, then setup camp. After a nap throw the pack on go for a nice long walk in the sand hills with the bow and binocs. See what has changed from last year. Won't actually be opening day in Nebraska but will be the first day I get to hunt. If I get on to something pretty quick and tag out may drive up to MN after that spend the rest of the trip there. Otherwise be the end of October for MN trip. Won't catch Michigan opener since I will be out of state.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:42 pm

Your Opening day success could land you alot of future fame on The Hunting Beast .com ... So you better try your best on opening week.
sagDE

Unread postby sagDE » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:11 am

Well my opening day, 9/1, plans may be revised. According to the weatherman we are now expecting 1-2” of rain along with severe thunderstorms. Next day should be better though
E72
500 Club

Unread postby E72 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:41 pm

No real hunting plans will be made until I get a picture of or find sign telling me there is a buck around that I’d like to hunt . Could be the night before opening day or maybe the 2nd or third week in October . Observation sits are possible outside of known bedding .
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Wait to see what the wind looks like then make a plan
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Work! What can I say I’m a real go getter….

Change of plans! Got into a school yard yelling match with my boss yesterday. Told him what I really thought of his policies and screwing me out of my annual rut vacation last season. Let a bunch of f-bombs fly and voiced a honest opinion about the current situation. Flat out told him I’m am here only to trade my time for money. I don’t give a flying rats *** what your numbers look like. We later agreed on I need some time off for the opener. So I’m taking my gear to some distant public I hunted for the first time last year. Not gonna be picky! Will see how it goes
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Wihunter95

Unread postby Wihunter95 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am

Boogieman1 wrote:

Change of plans! Got into a school yard yelling match with my boss yesterday. Told him what I really thought of his policies and screwing me out of my annual rut vacation last season. Let a bunch of f-bombs fly and voiced a honest opinion about the current situation. Flat out told him I’m am here only to trade my time for money. I don’t give a flying rats *** what your numbers look like. We later agreed on I need some time off for the opener. So I’m taking my gear to some distant public I hunted for the first time last year. Not gonna be picky! Will see how it goes

:lol: love it. My boss sometimes gives a hard time when we request off because he's a workaholic. Doesn't mean I have to be. Life's too short
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:34 am

Boogieman1 wrote:

Sounds like a typical day for me. :lol:

Glad it worked out for you. My tirades usually result in me working MORE hours. :doh:
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:36 am

Nh opened on the 15th - still have not gone :roll:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am

Wisconsin’s bow hunting season opened on 9/18, this past Saturday. I was in Wyoming elk hunting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:11 am

Maverick1 wrote:Wisconsin’s bow hunting season opened on 9/18, this past Saturday. I was in Wyoming elk hunting.

So how did that go? Get any?
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:21 am

Oct 1 opener. I’m going to try and go into work around 3-4 am and get out by 4:30 pm. Then depending on the wind I have a few spots that last season I hunted mid oct and missed the action by a week or two. I realized it at the time so I went into the bedding scouted out a few sets. If I don’t see any fresh crap on the trails while heading in, I’ll pull the plug.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Maverick1

Unread postby Maverick1 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:40 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Maverick1 wrote:Wisconsin’s bow hunting season opened on 9/18, this past Saturday. I was in Wyoming elk hunting.

Yes. I shot a bull.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
No sponsors. No camera crew. No team. Just me and my bow. And that’s the way I prefer it.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 pm

Maverick1 wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:

Yes. I shot a bull.

Nice! :dance:

Now where is a pic? :D
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”