2021 public land challenge?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

3531usmc

Re: 2021 public land challenge?

Unread postby 3531usmc » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:49 am

Tsom wrote:
3531usmc wrote:
Tsom wrote:I'm actually surprised how few hunters I run into every season in southern nh. Especially bow season. Not much pressure at all and never seen out of staters other than from mass in my area and even then it's only a few. A few more guys wouldn't bother me.

I was just thinking about nh the other day. Had a hard time finding public hunting maps! Also I hear your able to hunt private as long as it’s not posted any truth to that? I would still like to ask permission though!

It's highly recommended by the NH fish and game to ask permission but legal not to.
https://wildlife.state.nh.us/hunting/where-hunt.html
On x is handy for landowner info but have to pay subscription. I ask permission on some, but most I don't and have never had an issue. Not much different hunting public or private here. We have ridiculous property tax and you can put your land in "current use" which reduces the tax rate on that portion of your land , but opens it up for public use including hunting.

Thanks for the information. Might have to make a trip up that way next year!!!

3531usmc

Unread postby 3531usmc » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:55 am

3531usmc wrote:
Tsom wrote:
3531usmc wrote:
Tsom wrote:I'm actually surprised how few hunters I run into every season in southern nh. Especially bow season. Not much pressure at all and never seen out of staters other than from mass in my area and even then it's only a few. A few more guys wouldn't bother me.

I was just thinking about nh the other day. Had a hard time finding public hunting maps! Also I hear your able to hunt private as long as it’s not posted any truth to that? I would still like to ask permission though!

It's highly recommended by the NH fish and game to ask permission but legal not to.
On x is handy for landowner info but have to pay subscription. I ask permission on some, but most I don't and have never had an issue. Not much different hunting public or private here. We have ridiculous property tax and you can put your land in "current use" which reduces the tax rate on that portion of your land , but opens it up for public use including hunting.

Forgot to ask how’s the deer population in nh?
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:09 am

3531usmc wrote:
3531usmc wrote:
Tsom wrote:
3531usmc wrote:

Forgot to ask how’s the deer population in nh?

Not sure what the numbers are but in my area, south central, it seems pretty low, but areas like unit L and M they're selling extra doe tags so I'm assuming it's higher in the more suburban areas. Suppose the deer have more room to roam the bigger the woods get.
Bandit31985

Unread postby Bandit31985 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:41 am

Vermont hunter here where a 4 pointer is considered a trophy. Would love to see them come to Vermont, I’m sure they would make it happen and kill nice deer. Vermont is an access state where if it isn’t posted you can hunt it like North Dakota so it would be fun watching them hunt wherever and find the little pieces to get after some gooderns as Aaron says
jrain904

Unread postby jrain904 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:23 am

Personally I think FL would be a great challenge for the crew. Not an easy state to hunt.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:15 am

I can't keep track. Is the PLC even happening this year?
kevinbrd

Unread postby kevinbrd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:32 am

Would enjoy seeing New England, and maybe even a collaboration with the Big Woods Bucks guys in Maine doing some North Woods tracking in the snow. If you haven't seen the Big Woods Bucks guys on YouTube highly recommend. NH laws create a ton of hunt able land, just not a ton of deer but would still be informational and I am sure this crew would get on to plenty of deer. Either way always highly entertaining content, looking forward to it!
Kenyounot

Unread postby Kenyounot » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:59 am

I want to see a NJ public land challenge even though it would never happen. 750k acres of public land in a small state, every type of terrain you could want, liberal bag limits and of course a great deer population. It's such an overlooked state.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:06 am

sureshotscott wrote:I can't keep track. Is the PLC even happening this year?

Yes, but details are under wraps because of what happens when word gets out.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:14 am

Huntress13 wrote:
sureshotscott wrote:I can't keep track. Is the PLC even happening this year?

Yes, but details are under wraps because of what happens when word gets out.

Yep... we are doing it sometime soon
gravebeforeshave80

Unread postby gravebeforeshave80 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 am

Hawthorne wrote:Interesting to see what state they hit this year. Looking foward to it

Pretty sure I heard or seen somewhere that it was Indiana...but i dont recall where i saw it
Terry Urban Jr
NW OHIO
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:38 pm

Has the challenge started? Looked like Roy from THP in dans pic from live from the stand thread?
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:21 am

Thp posted to Instagram it started and in Indiana. They tagged just hunt club, the beast, catman, and the untamed.
Swamp Stache

Unread postby Swamp Stache » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:22 am

Cool thanks. Can't wait to watch one of my favorites!
It only takes 15 seconds for the hunt of a lifetime.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:48 pm

I just got a call from dan and they are all in West Virginia. He and warbs ended up on the same ridge top and broke out in a fist fight when they converged on the same tree over a booners buck bed. Zach got it all on video and FB just took it down for graphic content turns out they bludgoned each other pretty bad, almost like a horn fight, blood everywhere. Sorry couldn't help myself :P
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”