2021 public land challenge?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: 2021 public land challenge?

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:26 am

thwack16 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:
thwack16 wrote:I was thinking they'd mentioned going to Indiana in the past as well.

Count me as one that would prefer to see them in a known big buck state. Minnesota has been my favorite thus far.

Indiana or Illinois would be great and probably makes the most sense for the Midwest.

Could see Nebraska, Kentucky, or Oklahoma. THP has spent a decent bit of time in each of those three though.

Mizzou would be great but public land filming laws make it tough.

Arkansas or Mississippi delta would be good as well.

I've never heard of this?

Been a rule on Mizzou conservation areas that you couldn’t film for profit. It’s why thp has always hunted a corps lake in Mo.

Appears a new rule was put in place as of 7/1 allowing it with a commercial filming permit. $500 daily. https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands ... tion-areas

I know there are several federal refuges(maybe all) where a commercial filming permit has to be obtained as well. 99% sure Thp mentioned that they had to obtain one to hunt the federal refuge they hunted in Ms.

Seems like Missouri is trying to drive people away from hunting and wildlife. Very sad to see..
Without some video publicity new generations may not ever get interested in being out in nature.

Them wanting 500 permit is just saying well if you bribe us enough we will overlook what your doing. Bunch of crooks in Missouri fish and wildlife.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
rhagenw
Facebook: Rhagen Wiederholt

Unread postby rhagenw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:33 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:
thwack16 wrote:I was thinking they'd mentioned going to Indiana in the past as well.

Count me as one that would prefer to see them in a known big buck state. Minnesota has been my favorite thus far.

Indiana or Illinois would be great and probably makes the most sense for the Midwest.

Could see Nebraska, Kentucky, or Oklahoma. THP has spent a decent bit of time in each of those three though.

Been a rule on Mizzou conservation areas that you couldn’t film for profit. It’s why thp has always hunted a corps lake in Mo.

Appears a new rule was put in place as of 7/1 allowing it with a commercial filming permit. $500 daily. https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands ... tion-areas

I know there are several federal refuges(maybe all) where a commercial filming permit has to be obtained as well. 99% sure Thp mentioned that they had to obtain one to hunt the federal refuge they hunted in Ms.

Seems like Missouri is trying to drive people away from hunting and wildlife. Very sad to see..
Without some video publicity new generations may not ever get interested in being out in nature.

Them wanting 500 permit is just saying well if you bribe us enough we will overlook what your doing. Bunch of crooks in Missouri fish and wildlife.

I disagree...it all stems from people making a profit off of state land with making videos...the ban on game camera encourage woodsman ship over money spent on cell cams...Missouri has some of the cheapest tags in the nation and very well manage deer herd if one is satisfied with 3.5 year olds...we have tons of in state and out of state hunters most likely top 3 out of state trips
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:45 am

Those are good points RH. Tough to fault any of it.

Makes me want to hunt there. ;)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:55 am

rhagenw wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

I disagree...it all stems from people making a profit off of state land with making videos...the ban on game camera encourage woodsman ship over money spent on cell cams...Missouri has some of the cheapest tags in the nation and very well manage deer herd if one is satisfied with 3.5 year olds...we have tons of in state and out of state hunters most likely top 3 out of state trips

Yeah I don’t typically engage in arguments, but Missouri Department of conservation is very, very well run. The public lands are very well kept as well. One of the few states, if not the only, where there’s a conservation tax tacked on to your sales tax.

I really enjoy watching THP, pinhoti, etc, but it’s hard to argue the damage that they’re doing to specific public areas.

Iowa point creep is really badly inflated. I’m part of that. I feel sure the majority of that is directly related to thp.

I know people that hunted the buck nest the year after thp hunted it. I know multiple people with pins all over southern Iowa taken directly from thp videos. I have a friend that drew this year and scouted this spring. Where’d he scout? Pins taken from thp videos. Not my style, but can’t exactly disagree with someone from taking free information.

I know I could pin you the spots they’ve deer hunted in Mo, KS, KY, TN, and MS(they even hunted an exact location I’ve scouted) without any problem at all. I likely could do OK, AL, and GA as well.

And that’s not even getting into all the problems that has been brought to areas with the turkey hunting. Go look at how many Wisconsin non resident turkey tags were sold in 2020, 2019, 2018, etc. and then how many were sold in 2021. Then go watch the videos from May of 2020. Direct correlation.

Once again, I really enjoy the videos. But I don’t disagree with a state restricting it and can’t say that I don’t welcome it.
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:17 am

thwack16 wrote:
rhagenw wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

Yeah I don’t typically engage in arguments, but Missouri Department of conservation is very, very well run. The public lands are very well kept as well. One of the few states, if not the only, where there’s a conservation tax tacked on to your sales tax.

I really enjoy watching THP, pinhoti, etc, but it’s hard to argue the damage that they’re doing to specific public areas.

Iowa point creep is really badly inflated. I’m part of that. I feel sure the majority of that is directly related to thp.

I know people that hunted the buck nest the year after thp hunted it. I know multiple people with pins all over southern Iowa taken directly from thp videos. I have a friend that drew this year and scouted this spring. Where’d he scout? Pins taken from thp videos. Not my style, but can’t exactly disagree with someone from taking free information.

I know I could pin you the spots they’ve deer hunted in Mo, KS, KY, TN, and MS(they even hunted an exact location I’ve scouted) without any problem at all. I likely could do OK, AL, and GA as well.

And that’s not even getting into all the problems that has been brought to areas with the turkey hunting. Go look at how many Wisconsin non resident turkey tags were sold in 2020, 2019, 2018, etc. and then how many were sold in 2021. Then go watch the videos from May of 2020. Direct correlation.

Once again, I really enjoy the videos. But I don’t disagree with a state restricting it and can’t say that I don’t welcome it.

Great points.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
rhagenw

Unread postby rhagenw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:40 am

Like me some THP good as the next fella but it’s cringe worthy seeing someone putting pins on an actual public land map...really respect how dan does the cartoon maps...I believe if I ever fill incline to show my set ups I’ll take the time and do the same for my benefit and those I share the land with on a regular...Greenhorndave if you
Ever feel incline to visit the great Show Me State hit me up!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:23 am

rhagenw wrote:Like me some THP good as the next fella but it’s cringe worthy seeing someone putting pins on an actual public land map...really respect how dan does the cartoon maps...I believe if I ever fill incline to show my set ups I’ll take the time and do the same for my benefit and those I share the land with on a regular...Greenhorndave if you
Ever feel incline to visit the great Show Me State hit me up!

Will do! Thanks! :handgestures-thumbup:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:27 am

having to purchase permits to film started in western states and was done to charge and regulate filming of movies (like westerns) on public land... Ive been told Hollywood elites would lock the public out of there own public land when filming, so ot had to be regulated... I can't remember which state it was, maybe Minnesota on federal property, but I called and asked about the permit years ago and they asked how much money I make from my videos, then said I didnt need one, and explained the hollywood thing... But now the price is quite high in New states and included youtube guys. PA was really high, but they wanted the challenge there so they gave us a break, and it was still extremely high
rhagenw

Unread postby rhagenw » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:34 am

Didn’t think about the movie industry...Ride With The Devil was filmed on and nearby some of my hunting grounds...
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:44 am

The problem with wanting a bribe to allow to film whats the next step and the one after that. Charging hunters to park to access certain roads, while it is govorment property it was bought with our ancestors tax dollers and it belongs to us the people not them. It could turn into a endless money pitt and eventually people will throw their hands up and walk away ruining the sport of hunting and fishing.

It is called public land the freedom is in the name.

It is a very slippery slope.

Money has ruined all that is good and each year it is worse.

I think the hunting beast videos and thp are introducing new hunters and fishermen to wildlife and that is a good thing.

What gives the govorment the authority to regulate the people on property bought by us. If all the hunters and fisherman voted for a ban on videos and cameras thats one thing.

If the govorment just did it for their own profit then they are criminals.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:19 am

thwack16 wrote:
rhagenw wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
thwack16 wrote:
minnesotahunter wrote:

Not saying that THP and others haven't created pressure in certain places, cause they most certainly have, but I think that the bigger driver of the hunting pressure spike we've all seen over the last 18 months has more to do with Covid. There are places I fish that I've rarely seen another boot track, and over the last year its gotten so bad I won't even bother and have adjusted to the pressure. At trailheads I hike where I used to never see another vehicle, now I drive by and there are 12 cars parked there in the middle of the week. The fly fishing industry had its biggest boom ever in the 90's after a river runs through it came out, the boom its experiencing now blows that away and it goes for all outdoor recreation. I think this boom we are seeing is going to last a while, and all the newbies to hunting couldn't be getting into things at a better time with all of the educational resources out there such as this forum. They will be successful faster than any of us were, and it will result in them sticking around longer. And our natural resource departments are gonna have to earn their paychecks cause they won't be able to blame declining license dollars or pittman-robertson/dingell-johnson funds for their lack of productivity. We're going to need them to step up now more than ever.
HuntingParadise
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hunting.paradise.56

Unread postby HuntingParadise » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:54 am

Not to distract from the current conversation but I would live a very northern Wisconsin Public land challenge. Would be interesting to see the guys and how they tackled areas that are considered to have low deer numbers by the general public.
Bperdue21

Unread postby Bperdue21 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 am

I'd like to see them on George Washington, Jefferson, or Monongahela National Forest personally. If they go George Washington, they can camp in my yard and be in the middle of about 25k acres lol.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:54 am

HuntingParadise wrote:Not to distract from the current conversation but I would live a very northern Wisconsin Public land challenge. Would be interesting to see the guys and how they tackled areas that are considered to have low deer numbers by the general public.

That would be a pretty uneventful challenge for the viewers to watch. :lol:
HuntingParadise
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hunting.paradise.56

Unread postby HuntingParadise » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:35 am

Tim H wrote:
HuntingParadise wrote:Not to distract from the current conversation but I would live a very northern Wisconsin Public land challenge. Would be interesting to see the guys and how they tackled areas that are considered to have low deer numbers by the general public.

That would be a pretty uneventful challenge for the viewers to watch. :lol:

I could definitely see it being boring for viewers but I would love to see how these minds tackle it. Would really intrigue me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”