2021 public land challenge?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tennhunter3
500 Club

Re: 2021 public land challenge?

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:48 am

I'd like to see midwest.

Oklahoma ,Arkansas, Kansas area would be cool.

Doubt they could ever get tags but Montana or Wyoming would be really cool their regulations are pretty nuts up that way though.

Alabama and Mississippi are wasted states they pretty much wiped their herds out and don't manage for big deer. They are just states for meat hunters.Their tags are crazy high for states that the biggest thing around is a 2 year old.

Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Dhoff
500 Club

Unread postby Dhoff » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:00 am

I was just thinking about this to.
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:I'd like to see midwest.

Doubt they could ever get tags but Montana or Wyoming would be really cool their regulations are pretty nuts up that way though.

Alabama and Mississippi are wasted states they pretty much wiped their herds out and don't manage for big deer. They are just states for meat hunters.Their tags are crazy high for states that the biggest thing around is a 2 year old.

I think originally there were looking to go to places they have not been before. It is getting tougher every year. I think it might be Maine but that is just WAG. They have just hunted less on east coast.
Primetime41

Unread postby Primetime41 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:51 am

Jrdeerhuntr wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:I'd like to see midwest.

I think originally there were looking to go to places they have not been before. It is getting tougher every year. I think it might be Maine but that is just WAG. They have just hunted less on east coast.

Indiana iirc.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:00 am

I was thinking they'd mentioned going to Indiana in the past as well.

Count me as one that would prefer to see them in a known big buck state. Minnesota has been my favorite thus far.

Indiana or Illinois would be great and probably makes the most sense for the Midwest.

Could see Nebraska, Kentucky, or Oklahoma. THP has spent a decent bit of time in each of those three though.

Mizzou would be great but public land filming laws make it tough.

Arkansas or Mississippi delta would be good as well.
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:32 pm

thwack16 wrote:I was thinking they'd mentioned going to Indiana in the past as well.

Count me as one that would prefer to see them in a known big buck state. Minnesota has been my favorite thus far.

Indiana or Illinois would be great and probably makes the most sense for the Midwest.

Could see Nebraska, Kentucky, or Oklahoma. THP has spent a decent bit of time in each of those three though.

I've never heard of this?
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:45 pm

MO state land has some restrictions. No trail cameras is the first thing that comes to mind.
And the option of National forest is limited to southern half. Big bucks generally are expected more from the northern half. Not a deal breaker but challenging.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:48 pm

minnesotahunter wrote:
thwack16 wrote:I was thinking they'd mentioned going to Indiana in the past as well.

I've never heard of this?

Been a rule on Mizzou conservation areas that you couldn’t film for profit. It’s why thp has always hunted a corps lake in Mo.

Appears a new rule was put in place as of 7/1 allowing it with a commercial filming permit. $500 daily. https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/mdc-expands ... tion-areas

I know there are several federal refuges(maybe all) where a commercial filming permit has to be obtained as well. 99% sure Thp mentioned that they had to obtain one to hunt the federal refuge they hunted in Ms.
A5BLASTER
500 Club

Unread postby A5BLASTER » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Honestly I would like to see them come down and pit their skills against the giants that run the Basin or one of the big wma's along the red and Mississippi river drainage on the central east side of Louisiana.
btsnhos

Unread postby btsnhos » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:34 pm

A5BLASTER wrote:Honestly I would like to see them come down and pit their skills against the giants that run the Basin or one of the big wma's along the red and Mississippi river drainage on the central east side of Louisiana.

x2 that would be awesome
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:47 pm

Lots of states are starting to required filming permits... We had to get permit to film in PA last year
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:50 pm

I would like to see them somewhere new in the eastern mountains but will watch them anywhere. The midwest has all been done before so not that exciting to me even if bucks are bigger.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Eddiegomes83
500 Club

Unread postby Eddiegomes83 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:52 pm

dan wrote:Lots of states are starting to required filming permits... We had to get permit to film in PA last year

Wow they will tax anything.
"Am I the Only One" - Aaron Lewis

EGOutdoors youtube: https://youtube.com/channel/UClk54pzxS6MsnSTCOtTvKJg
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:12 am

Eddiegomes83 wrote:
dan wrote:Lots of states are starting to required filming permits... We had to get permit to film in PA last year

Wow they will tax anything.

They will! The founding fathers were ticked about the taxes on tea. Wonder how they would feel about America as a corporation…

Anyway hopefully they go hunt somewhere strange.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:54 am

They really ought to get up into the northeast with a little lower deer density.. it's a challenge right? :think: ;)

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”