Deer Fest BEAST Gathering Aug 6-8

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Uncle Lou

Re: Deer Fest BEAST Gathering Aug 6-8

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Got a call from Cbigbear, Bryan Landry of mobile hunting gear (Stick Talons) he is trying to work it out to make it up from Louisanna. The Lightem Up guys called today and are trying to make it up from Mississippi, This could be a great BEAST gathering. You all know Wisconsin BEASTs are going to be a strong showing. Come one come all.

Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:Got a call from Cbigbear, Bryan Landry of mobile hunting gear (Stick Talons) he is trying to work it out to make it up from Louisanna. The Lightem Up guys called today and are trying to make it up from Mississippi, This could be a great BEAST gathering. You all know Wisconsin BEASTs are going to be a strong showing. Come one come all.

Oh heck yeah. Would love to meet him and I’d definitely crack open my wallet for some of those things.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:42 am

greenhorndave wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:Got a call from Cbigbear, Bryan Landry of mobile hunting gear (Stick Talons) he is trying to work it out to make it up from Louisanna. The Lightem Up guys called today and are trying to make it up from Mississippi, This could be a great BEAST gathering. You all know Wisconsin BEASTs are going to be a strong showing. Come one come all.

Oh heck yeah. Would love to meet him and I’d definitely crack open my wallet for some of those things.

I sent my BEAST stand to him to check out and get me set up with his talons they way he would recommend. I am planning on only using 2 BEAST sticks and an aider as I don't plan on going very high, but I told him it would be nice to be able to pack 4. I told him to send some up to me when he sends the stand back, so he doesn't have to fly with them. So there will be some there and hopefully him to recommend how to install them on the BEAST stand, he hasn't confirmed yet, but he's still working on it.

The light'em up guys said they are coming, spoke to them yesterday. How cool for people even to consider coming this far for a deer show. Its a testament to the great state of Wisconsin.
KPillinois

Unread postby KPillinois » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:20 am

This would be a 6 hour drive for me each way, is Dan gonna be there Sunday also ? And can you buy tickets at the door since i won't know till possibly late that week ? I might spring this on my wife at the last minute because she'll want to come along if i go..... only thing she can't do is hunt with me ever again, she scared the deer away on purpose :)
I've changed my ways, I'm now looking for big bucks on public land.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 am

KPillinois wrote:This would be a 6 hour drive for me each way, is Dan gonna be there Sunday also ? And can you buy tickets at the door since i won't know till possibly late that week ? I might spring this on my wife at the last minute because she'll want to come along if i go..... only thing she can't do is hunt with me ever again, she scared the deer away on purpose :)

Right on KP, bring some Illinois up there as well. I don't know dan's schedule, maybe he will chime in. I would hope so. He made all three days last time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”