Vector custom shop arrows

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JP BowHunter

Vector custom shop arrows

Unread postby JP BowHunter » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:14 pm

Last year I pretty much used up my remaining arrows (killing deer of course!) so I’m ready to drink the high FOC cool aid.

Fact is, for the last 5 plus years I’ve been running a light arrow setup with a two blade Rage expandable. And while I’ve gotten the job done with that set up I haven’t been getting good penetration with my arrows.

So I just put my order in with Vector for some new arrows that I think I’ll pair with a 65 grain insert and probably a 125 grain head. I’m thinking this should give me a setup that will hit harder but not be overly heavy and slow. For heads I’m looking at grizzly Maasai.

What do you beasts think?

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Vector custom shop arrows

Unread postby brancher147 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:21 pm

Sounds like a good setup. I got some arrows from vector this spring and they shoot great. I had messed around with some heavy arrows last year but the vector arrows shoot better and my bow is almost silent. My arrows are 250 spine and weigh about 560 grain with the outsert. Shooting a 150 grain magnus stinger brings the whole weight around 715 grain. They literally do shoot like darts. Haven’t tried on game yet but they sure do blow through a target.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Re: Vector custom shop arrows

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:35 am

I switched over to a high FOC system with a two blade head a few years ago and don't see myself ever going back. I used to shoot Gold Tip Hunters with two blade rages, like you, I had decent success with them, but I have had a lot better luck with a fixed head and heavy arrow. It makes me feel better to be able to aim tight to the shoulder without having to worry about it not getting penetration.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”