Mountain Bike

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Mountain Bike

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:14 am

Bikes are a great tool but also learn from my mistakes. Take it slow and easy especially after dark even more so in bad weather conditions. All of my accidents happened in rain or snow/ice. Never a good idea below freezing but hasn’t slowed me down any since that’s my favorite time of the season.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=71&hilit=Greatest+self+inflicted+injuries&start=180#p812101

_Swamp_Stalker_

Unread postby _Swamp_Stalker_ » Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:39 pm

I've been interested in getting a mountain bike for the deep spots I go to, 2 miles in. However, I had a stroke in 2016 and have some balance issues as a result. Probably not the best idea for me. Cool to see how y'all are getting it done!
Joe
Ragepassthru

Unread postby Ragepassthru » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:01 am

MichiganMike wrote:Ive used one for scouting before, but not for hunting. I was considering it though because a couple spots I go to I walk down an old 2 track for a ways. Would save some time for sure.
I also came across a guy on you tube that made an attachment for his deer cart to the back of the bike. Just haul it with you. Thought that was kind of cool.

I just got a new cart to fix up to pull behind mine. Been watching a lot of vids on youtube about it. One thing to remember tho... tall grass is a when tangled in sprocket!!! Hadn't had to deal with that for 30 or 40 years and didn't think a thing about it til it happened. Glad I was only about 100 or so yards from the truck lol
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:21 am

Ragepassthru wrote:
MichiganMike wrote:Ive used one for scouting before, but not for hunting. I was considering it though because a couple spots I go to I walk down an old 2 track for a ways. Would save some time for sure.
I also came across a guy on you tube that made an attachment for his deer cart to the back of the bike. Just haul it with you. Thought that was kind of cool.

I just got a new cart to fix up to pull behind mine. Been watching a lot of vids on youtube about it. One thing to remember tho... tall grass is a when tangled in sprocket!!! Hadn't had to deal with that for 30 or 40 years and didn't think a thing about it til it happened. Glad I was only about 100 or so yards from the truck lol

I snapped my rear derailer off on brush a few years back. Good thing I only had less than a mile to go.

Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 pm

I’ve been using one for probably 15 or more years. I’ve had several. My current version is my favorite. I have for a couple years been looking at a fat tire bike though. We have really sandy roads and the wider lower ground pressure tire seems like it would work a little better. But like PK had in his picture. I’ve hauled out a bunch of deer like that. It actually worked better than a cart in a lot of cases.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
DanGMI

Unread postby DanGMI » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:21 pm

PK_ wrote:Been doing it for over a decade...

A sturdy rear rack will hold a stand, a large front basket will hold a pack, and atv gun holder will hold weapon(you want the low profile ones that spin and pivot). It’s usually hot so I don’t like wearing stand or pack if I don’t have to.

Best part is it doubles as a deer cart.
[url=https://postimages.org/]Image

Basket is a sweet idea

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”