Just ordered a Beast Stand.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dhoff
500 Club

Re: Just ordered a Beast Stand.

Unread postby Dhoff » Sat May 22, 2021 3:51 am

Mine is in transit :L:

buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat May 22, 2021 5:15 am

cspot wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:I think so too.

Stand 7 pounds.
Saddle 3 pounds
Stick 2 pounds.

Pretty light setup entire weight is about what my Assault weighs now.

After using 1 stick all last season it is hard to ever go back to carrying 4 or 5 sticks they just aren't necessary.

When I first saw 1 sticking I said no way for me. After about a half dozen or so times, I was hooked and like you said I never see myself going back.

Got a link to this one stick method?
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat May 22, 2021 7:20 am

buttonbuck wrote:
cspot wrote:

Stand 7 pounds.
Saddle 3 pounds
Stick 2 pounds.

After using 1 stick all last season it is hard to ever go back to carrying 4 or 5 sticks they just aren't necessary.

When I first saw 1 sticking I said no way for me. After about a half dozen or so times, I was hooked and like you said I never see myself going back.

I'm sure i do it differently then most.
I use a beast stick with a aider put on tree.

Use a tether to my saddle wrap around tree move it up a few feet above stick.
Sit down in my saddle just like if I were hunting losen beast strap on stick move it up 2 feet or so move tether higher repeat.

Time wise it is probably about the same or slightly quicker to one stick. Then to climb up and down to get more sticks.

I get up the tree quite quickly while always being connected to the tree from ground to hunting height.

When I get above 15 feet I usually add a second tether being a 5400 pound amsteel rope loop to loop..just for extra safety.

I have never had my stick fall and it seems to be the only concern. I do have a hook on my pull up rope to retrieve stick if it ever occurred.

Definitely don't be scared to try 1 stick I think it is safer due to im connected to the tree from ground all the way up. When I used to carry 3 beast sticks I often wouldn't connect to the tree until I was 3 sticks up. One sticking I think made it safer for me.

I sometimes do need to use my amsteel tether to go over a tree branch but it is no biggie once you do it a few times. Rather then to open the main carabinder to do this i often attach a backup carabiner to my bridge and connect my amsteel rope to it. Then I remove my tether from my main carabiner. And reattach above limb. This makes it much safer for climbing up in the dark. Takes much longer to write then to do it lol.

Being a lightweight 160 pounds it is pretty easy to be agile enough to use one stick it is more of a workout but not difficult by any means. If I was double my weight I'm sure I wouldn't use a one stick method.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat May 22, 2021 8:10 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Beast Stand.
I know Dan and Mario have put a tremendous amount of work and effort into it and appear to have done a great job with the stand. I know that the beast sticks have been awesome to use.

I'm happy to help support the Beast community.

Thanks Dan for all that you do and the awesome information we have on the beast.

I'm planning on going 1 beast stick with a saddle to climb up tree then hunt from the beast stand. Since I would need to carry a safety harness anyway which weighs about what my saddle does.

Anyone know if the sparrow arrow quiver will fit on the beast stand? Figured I would ask.

Awesome! Cant wait to get these things in good hunters hands and hear the comments!
WDUCK

Unread postby WDUCK » Sat May 22, 2021 8:38 am

New to this site this week. I ordered last week and have in hand three 20” beast sticks. Super fast service. Thanks. Haven’t tried them yet but after over 20+ years of using LW sticks ( I have many sets) I won’t need to ever purchase another set. Quality product like no other! I also ordered a stand and can’t wait to receive it. I have 10 or more LW stands that I am looking forward to not using again. Lots of cash spent over the years on stands and sticks. This will likely be my last purchase unless I have a need to get another for my son, grandchildren.
Thanks
RB-
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat May 22, 2021 9:26 am

WDUCK wrote:New to this site this week. I ordered last week and have in hand three 20” beast sticks. Super fast service. Thanks. Haven’t tried them yet but after over 20+ years of using LW sticks ( I have many sets) I won’t need to ever purchase another set. Quality product like no other! I also ordered a stand and can’t wait to receive it. I have 10 or more LW stands that I am looking forward to not using again. Lots of cash spent over the years on stands and sticks. This will likely be my last purchase unless I have a need to get another for my son, grandchildren.
Thanks
RB-

:D :clap: :dance:
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Sat May 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Tennhunter3 wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
cspot wrote:

Stand 7 pounds.
Saddle 3 pounds
Stick 2 pounds.

Sit down in my saddle just like if I were hunting losen beast strap on stick move it up 2 feet or so move tether higher repeat.

Time wise it is probably about the same or slightly quicker to one stick. Then to climb up and down to get more sticks.

I get up the tree quite quickly while always being connected to the tree from ground to hunting height.

When I get above 15 feet I usually add a second tether being a 5400 pound amsteel rope loop to loop..just for extra safety.

I have never had my stick fall and it seems to be the only concern. I do have a hook on my pull up rope to retrieve stick if it ever occurred.

Definitely don't be scared to try 1 stick I think it is safer due to im connected to the tree from ground all the way up. When I used to carry 3 beast sticks I often wouldn't connect to the tree until I was 3 sticks up. One sticking I think made it safer for me.

I sometimes do need to use my amsteel tether to go over a tree branch but it is no biggie once you do it a few times. Rather then to open the main carabinder to do this i often attach a backup carabiner to my bridge and connect my amsteel rope to it. Then I remove my tether from my main carabiner. And reattach above limb. This makes it much safer for climbing up in the dark. Takes much longer to write then to do it lol.

Being a lightweight 160 pounds it is pretty easy to be agile enough to use one stick it is more of a workout but not difficult by any means. If I was double my weight I'm sure I wouldn't use a one stick method.

Good advice above. I use a Beast mini stick with a backwoods mobile gear 2 step aider. I had a DIY 1 step aider but like the 2 as I can get a little more distance. I can also hang it the first time pretty high before leaving the ground to get alot on the first one before I ever move it.

Here is a video from DIY Sportsman on doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIip6qOAls

The first few times you do it, it will seem cumbersome, but then it will get easy. Just like anything you have to get the system down. Not sure what Tenn does, but I rappel down. One nice thing about this is if I was to drop my stick or have something else go wrong, I can always rappel back down. I have my rappel stuff with me as I go up. I also have built some backups into my system. I use climbing rated caribineers fon my gear hanger. This gives me a couple extra in case I would lose one. My gear hanger is made from 1/4" amsteel daisy chain so that I can also use it for a backup tether/linesman belt.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun May 23, 2021 10:19 am

cspot wrote:
Tennhunter3 wrote:
buttonbuck wrote:
cspot wrote:

Stand 7 pounds.
Saddle 3 pounds
Stick 2 pounds.

Good advice above. I use a Beast mini stick with a backwoods mobile gear 2 step aider. I had a DIY 1 step aider but like the 2 as I can get a little more distance. I can also hang it the first time pretty high before leaving the ground to get alot on the first one before I ever move it.

Here is a video from DIY Sportsman on doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvIip6qOAls

The first few times you do it, it will seem cumbersome, but then it will get easy. Just like anything you have to get the system down. Not sure what Tenn does, but I rappel down. One nice thing about this is if I was to drop my stick or have something else go wrong, I can always rappel back down. I have my rappel stuff with me as I go up. I also have built some backups into my system. I use climbing rated caribineers fon my gear hanger. This gives me a couple extra in case I would lose one. My gear hanger is made from 1/4" amsteel daisy chain so that I can also use it for a backup tether/linesman belt.

I go down the tree the same way I go up.
Lower tether to 5 inches above beast stick climb down to my lowest aider sit in saddle lower stick repeat.

Going down is really fast from 15 feet I only need to lower the stick about 3 times .
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
WDUCK

Unread postby WDUCK » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:51 am

dan wrote:
WDUCK wrote:New to this site this week. I ordered last week and have in hand three 20” beast sticks. Super fast service. Thanks. Haven’t tried them yet but after over 20+ years of using LW sticks ( I have many sets) I won’t need to ever purchase another set. Quality product like no other! I also ordered a stand and can’t wait to receive it. I have 10 or more LW stands that I am looking forward to not using again. Lots of cash spent over the years on stands and sticks. This will likely be my last purchase unless I have a need to get another for my son, grandchildren.
Thanks
RB-

Well I want to thank Dan and his stand development team on providing a mobile tree stand set up like no other. I received my stand yesterday that I ordered in early May. I am simply blown away by it. It’s nothing short superb! Like many have said the fit and finish is fantastic and it’s lighter than all my others. I can’t believe it! My post above described gathering up all the stands (LW,LWCG, Gorilla, and the rest) and sticks I have, selling them and using just one set up. Well that’s what I’m doing now. Less stuff to store and maintain.

This is my Holy Grail of tree stands!

Thanks Dan..... :D :D
Roger-
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:16 am

WDUCK wrote:
dan wrote:
Thanks
RB-

Well I want to thank Dan and his stand development team on providing a mobile tree stand set up like no other. I received my stand yesterday that I ordered in early May. I am simply blown away by it. It’s nothing short superb! Like many have said the fit and finish is fantastic and it’s lighter than all my others. I can’t believe it! My post above described gathering up all the stands (LW,LWCG, Gorilla, and the rest) and sticks I have, selling them and using just one set up. Well that’s what I’m doing now. Less stuff to store and maintain.

This is my Holy Grail of tree stands!

Thanks Dan..... :D :D
Roger-

Thanks, glad you like it

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”