Bigwoods DVD

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

rhagenw
Facebook: Rhagen Wiederholt

Re: Bigwoods DVD

Unread postby rhagenw » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:44 am

I’ll echo one of the comments from the YouTube page! You need to make a “caught me a critter” video!

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:18 am

Maybe a little biased but what a cool cover photo for the swamp chapter !!
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:29 am

Moose wrote:Great stuff Dan! I can't get enough of your scouting videos. Always something to learn even if I don't hunt the same terrain. Alot of the same features though. Is good as you are at explaining things and your willingnessmaybe you should have been a teacher.

He is, he's just not in the teachers union. I have said many times, not many can teach as well as they hunt, dan has mastered both.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:26 am

Uncle Lou wrote:
Moose wrote:Great stuff Dan! I can't get enough of your scouting videos. Always something to learn even if I don't hunt the same terrain. Alot of the same features though. Is good as you are at explaining things and your willingnessmaybe you should have been a teacher.

He is, he's just not in the teachers union. I have said many times, not many can teach as well as they hunt, dan has mastered both.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:17 am

Good stuff!! Thanks for putting these out for free. It really shows your priorities are more about helping teach folks to find success instead of trying to sell it like so many others always are.

Something I have learned from some of these is that the big bucks will often not be going into areas that are too thick because their racks make it difficult. Where as does will be in there bedding and leaving well used trails going in and out. I think back and remember far too many times I was always hunting fairly deep in the thickest stuff thinking the big bucks were going to be in there because it provides the most cover. I now realize that was probably a mistake. I would see buck sign on the edges where the trails go in and out but not so much deeper in. I now realize they were just cruising those edges on parallel trails and leaving the sign on the doe trails. I always thought the sign was made when they were going in or coming out of the thick stuff.

How the heck did you catch that cardinal???
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:15 am

Grizzlyadam wrote:Good stuff!! Thanks for putting these out for free. It really shows your priorities are more about helping teach folks to find success instead of trying to sell it like so many others always are.

Something I have learned from some of these is that the big bucks will often not be going into areas that are too thick because their racks make it difficult. Where as does will be in there bedding and leaving well used trails going in and out. I think back and remember far too many times I was always hunting fairly deep in the thickest stuff thinking the big bucks were going to be in there because it provides the most cover. I now realize that was probably a mistake. I would see buck sign on the edges where the trails go in and out but not so much deeper in. I now realize they were just cruising those edges on parallel trails and leaving the sign on the doe trails. I always thought the sign was made when they were going in or coming out of the thick stuff.

How the heck did you catch that cardinal???

I grabbed it out of the sky like a cat... like a freakin ninja cat.
sagDE

Unread postby sagDE » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm

These videos are the best! Thank you so much... again!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:20 am

Finally getting around to watching these. So far so good! Big woods vids will be my lunch time ritual until I’ve seen them all. Nice work Dan! And thanks for making these free for all to see. :clap:
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:17 am

Lockdown wrote:Finally getting around to watching these. So far so good! Big woods vids will be my lunch time ritual until I’ve seen them all. Nice work Dan! And thanks for making these free for all to see. :clap:

I'm also behind on watching these. He keeps pumping out videos it's hard to keep up! :lol:
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:31 am

Crank em out Dan! Love it!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:58 pm

I've been watching them really enjoying the content.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Unread postby Cchez » Sat May 01, 2021 2:30 am

I'm loving these videos. Each one gives me more confidence that i've been on the right track with how i've been approaching the big woods where i hunt with what i've learned and applied from all of dan's other videos. They've also given me new perspectives and ideas for tackling some areas i already have hunted/scouted, and also confirmed some things that i had been wondering about. Its awesome to finally see stuff that closely resembles the stuff i hunt. Thanks again dan!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat May 01, 2021 5:24 am

Just watched clear cuts. Man those bucks rat slayer encountered were nice!!! Very cool early season hunt. I really like that split g2 buck. What a stud. The 8 was no slouch either.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Sat May 01, 2021 6:09 am

Can’t wait to watch these. Been so damn busy at work there has been no time for me. But, soon enough.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”