Beasting Finland...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
PK_
500 Club

Re: Beasting Finland...

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:11 am

Very very impressive!

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Juha

Unread postby Juha » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:15 am

bigredneck61088 wrote:Awesome! I have been following the kipina channel for a while, my wife’s family is from Finland and they came to the US around the early 1900s and ended up in Pennsylvania, they still have a lot of relatives in Haapavesi, Helsinki, and Laihia areas, a few of them are big time moose and duck hunters from her visits over there, they take a trip to visit every few years....

I might have to tag along with my bow now! And my wife won’t stop about trying get me to build a sauna, my fin in laws are building one at our cabin in the mountains soon

Sauna is a special thing for the Finns and in my opinion it is one of the best things that have ever come out this country.

Moose population should be good in the Laihia area (and Haapavesi as well). I really hope that the legislation will change soon so that bowhunting for moose would be legalized. There’s should be also quite good roedeer population in that area as well.

Whitetails are more concentrated to the south - southwest Finland.
bigredneck61088

Unread postby bigredneck61088 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:36 pm

Juha wrote:
bigredneck61088 wrote:Awesome! I have been following the kipina channel for a while, my wife’s family is from Finland and they came to the US around the early 1900s and ended up in Pennsylvania, they still have a lot of relatives in Haapavesi, Helsinki, and Laihia areas, a few of them are big time moose and duck hunters from her visits over there, they take a trip to visit every few years....

I might have to tag along with my bow now! And my wife won’t stop about trying get me to build a sauna, my fin in laws are building one at our cabin in the mountains soon

Sauna is a special thing for the Finns and in my opinion it is one of the best things that have ever come out this country.

Moose population should be good in the Laihia area (and Haapavesi as well). I really hope that the legislation will change soon so that bowhunting for moose would be legalized. There’s should be also quite good roedeer population in that area as well.

Whitetails are more concentrated to the south - southwest Finland.

Good to know thank you! Yep I know all about the sauna, everyone on her side of the family has one, indeed a special to Fins

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”