Would you waste any days....

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

HEINEN86

Would you waste any days....

Unread postby HEINEN86 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 am

During the rut in a marsh when I've sat a handful of times in the cattails and haven't heard anything....or across the road on the island in my tree stand. That little island was peppered last year with rubs and had pictures of does going through there in summer....it looks like they came from the north even though the river snakes in front but it's only 2 or 3 feet deep....or they came from the south across the road. But since season started I haven't seen or heard anything moving....its all private land around my 40 acres and speaking with the neighbors no one has hunted the area the last 2 or 3 years because of how wet it is. There are some spots that's knee deep muck. I've found beds in the cattails on little clumps of trees with what looks like old rubs when I bought the property in February. There was deer crap and trails all over when it was frozen. I also hunt in clintonville Wisconsin and I see deer all day....so would you waste any days in your rut vacation to hunt the marsh or should I just hunt low value days like next week when it will hit the 60s for temps? I want to see what rolls through during the rut but worried about wasting a day sitting in there for nothing... in the pics where I have the icons are spots I blazed trails to where the willow thickets start.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Evanszach7
500 Club

Re: Would you waste any days....

Unread postby Evanszach7 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:19 am

If there's not deer sign there right now, it's probably not worth a sit. This time of year you can go in, bump does (if they're there), then adjust accordingly for the rut. The does will be back if you bump them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”