Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Re: Honest assessment of The Hunting Beast

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:24 pm

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:I had a thought about Dan today when reading boogies post about people shooting mega bucks supposed on public and it being kinda fishy. I thought man god only knows my story on a buck may not add up because the likelihood I tell anyone where I actually shot it is just not good. If I had a few beers I might drop the lip but for the most part I was trained at a young age to remain tight lipped when it comes to outdoor hotspots Fish, ducks, deer. If I’m at a local establishment and I’m confronted about it by a few random locals ..I’m gonna put em at least a mile off the mark. Maybe a different town.. Maybe a different county lol unless I know the person and have a very high level of respect for them.

Then there’s Dan. Here guys lemme take you out on this public land and show you some spots I hunt and killed some nice ones so I can teach you :lol: I can’t quite afford to do that yet. Probably won’t be for many years.

Then last year he had some follies, deer he didn’t hit in the boiler room. Most people would’ve just deleted that video.. He posts it for all to see. Being as I had the same thing going on last season it really helped me to let it go and just keep pushing on. A few of my buddies even were like how are you bouncing back from that. I’d be sick, I wouldn’t sleep etc .. I kind of was. Could’ve been my best season ever. Heck even though I didn’t put two monsters in the back of my truck maybe it was my best season yet. I had a lot of fun.
I got a big boost from that can’t hardly hit em video

Dan is a Very admirable guy and I sure do appreciate this forum he created. Wish I would’ve known about it sooner.

Don’t know if I took this the wrong way and certainly don’t wanna take away from a great thread Oldrank started or credit Dan deserves. But I wasn’t talking anything (fishy) I don’t go around spreading rumors or have the slightest bit of jealousy towards anybody. Would like to think I always legitimately try to congratulate everyone on this site that posts a kill. I’m sure some slip through the cracks do to the high volume of successful hunters. But I specifically said I’m talking about the “proven” guilty with parks and wildlife reports to prove it. Not fibs about where your stand is, but straight up bold pathological lies for greed. I don’t ask nobody where they hunt, or what county. But if u r proven to have lied to enter a buck in a contest for capital gain and try to cheat the guys who legitimately played by the rules then you are a pos in my book.

Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:35 pm

:clap:
jmaas07
500 Club

Unread postby jmaas07 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:39 pm

:clap: keep it going dan, you're a great guy
HuntingParadise
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hunting.paradise.56

Unread postby HuntingParadise » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:47 pm

Im obviously newer here if you check. Ive just realized in the past year the amount of information for hunting on the internet compared to me just using my own personal knowledge beforehand. Because Im relatively new to the forum, youtube, podcast world Im still trying to figure out which information and from whom I prefer. This also means I havent met Dan or anyone else in person and have had just a few interactions with various people via DMs etc on questions.

I found Dan from THP and I liked that he seemed to bring a positive and supportive attitude for all hunts. Pair this with the ability to discuss and explain why he picked where he was going or wanted to and I added him to my list of hunters I would absorb information from. This has led me here to discuss further hunting topics etc.

Now from my short time here Ive already learned a lot. Im not the type to just full out follow another hunters strategy if Im not comfortable with it. I dont think any hunter should unless they are ready to fully embrace it. While I may still lean to trying to stay scent free with washing clothes, showering, avoiding sweating etc (still wont use any "scent killer" spray), I think listening to what hunters here like Dan have to say can help find that missing puzzle piece. Playing the wind, finding buck beds, etc have all been things I never really thought about 5 years ago. Now its something I consider whenever I go to choose a spot even if I might not be as active in pursuing it at that spot.

With that being said, I dont always agree with everyones comments here in hunting, land management, politics or whatever but this place has been nothing but kind and civil to me. Thats all you can ask for. I think the Hunting Beast Forum in my short time is a place I feel like I can discuss hunting and feel free to ask anything without being talked down. Even if someone doesnt necessarily agree, almost all comments I have seen have acknowledged their stance without talking it down. Glad to be here and Ill continue to stay to try to learn anything and everything I need to continue to grow as a hunter.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Boogieman1 wrote:
1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:I had a thought about Dan today when reading boogies post about people shooting mega bucks supposed on public and it being kinda fishy. I thought man god only knows my story on a buck may not add up because the likelihood I tell anyone where I actually shot it is just not good. If I had a few beers I might drop the lip but for the most part I was trained at a young age to remain tight lipped when it comes to outdoor hotspots Fish, ducks, deer. If I’m at a local establishment and I’m confronted about it by a few random locals ..I’m gonna put em at least a mile off the mark. Maybe a different town.. Maybe a different county lol unless I know the person and have a very high level of respect for them.

Then there’s Dan. Here guys lemme take you out on this public land and show you some spots I hunt and killed some nice ones so I can teach you :lol: I can’t quite afford to do that yet. Probably won’t be for many years.

Then last year he had some follies, deer he didn’t hit in the boiler room. Most people would’ve just deleted that video.. He posts it for all to see. Being as I had the same thing going on last season it really helped me to let it go and just keep pushing on. A few of my buddies even were like how are you bouncing back from that. I’d be sick, I wouldn’t sleep etc .. I kind of was. Could’ve been my best season ever. Heck even though I didn’t put two monsters in the back of my truck maybe it was my best season yet. I had a lot of fun.

Dan is a Very admirable guy and I sure do appreciate this forum he created. Wish I would’ve known about it sooner.

Don’t know if I took this the wrong way and certainly don’t wanna take away from a great thread Oldrank started or credit Dan deserves. But I wasn’t talking anything (fishy) I don’t go around spreading rumors or have the slightest bit of jealousy towards anybody. Would like to think I always legitimately try to congratulate everyone on this site that posts a kill. I’m sure some slip through the cracks do to the high volume of successful hunters. But I specifically said I’m talking about the “proven” guilty with parks and wildlife reports to prove it. Not fibs about where your stand is, but straight up bold pathological lies for greed. I don’t ask nobody where they hunt, or what county. But if u r proven to have lied to enter a buck in a contest for capital gain and try to cheat the guys who legitimately played by the rules then you are a pos in my book.

Hey Man, not too sidetrack things too bad here. I may have misinterpreted your thread ( I ain’t the sharpest tac) I didn’t think you were referring to anyone on the forum or wanting knowledge of specific locations yourself personally though. Fibbing on locations came to my mind right away though. Anyhow I agree on the scammers , poachers or whatever. Friggin clowns. Once they’re caught once they loose all credibility forever in my book.
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Bonedoc

Unread postby Bonedoc » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:23 pm

I stumbled onto this site as a lifelong lover of all things whitetail. I noticed before I ever joined how the conversations remained civil and informative, and on my first post I commented on that. I have had two of the best seasons ever since learning from you all,THP and especially Dan. Thanks, I can’t wait for this Fall to put more beast knowledge into place.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:43 pm

I found the Beast in 2010 and have benefited tremendously from Dan and many other hunters on this site that have been willing to share their whitetail wisdom.

I'm confident that some of my buck kills over the last 10 years are directly related to what I learned on the Beast.

There is a lot of negativity floating around and the only thing I know for sure is Dan has always been willing to share his knowledge on this site for free. A guy could come on here/YouTube/podcasts and get one heck of an education and it wouldn't cost you a dime.

Thank you Dan.
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 pm

1STRANGEWILDERNESS wrote:

This! Proud to be a member here and am grateful for everything I've learned since joining. Thanks, Dan, the mods and all the guys who make this place so great. :clap:
austin1990
500 Club

Unread postby austin1990 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm

:clap: thank you dan! Keep up the good fight. Also thank you old rank, and all you other longtime members that share your experiences, they all help people learn. I feel like I have a good knowledge on hunting situations, atleast in my local, but I'm always learning new, little subtle things and those little tidbits can make all of the difference from punching a tag and not. So a big thank you again to everyone on here! :clap:
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm

There’s a reason why you won’t find me on any other forum. Dan has made this place what it is through lots of time and hard work. I feel it’s the last place on the internet that isn’t full of drama and arguing. That alone keeps me coming back. Then throw the content on top, and what’s not to love! Dan has 180’d the way I hunt and I’m so thankful for all the knowledge he has shared over the years.
tundra@1

Unread postby tundra@1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:38 pm

I am not much of a computer guy. But my daughter got me started, and I found this site. I know quite a few accomplished hunters in Wisconsin, that are like Dan, and put down great deer. However none of them, are as Generous as Dan, and share with other hunters. I look at Dan Infalt as a class act. I wish I had this stuff when I started bowhunting 42 years ago, at the ripe age of 28......

Although my daughter moved on in the business world, last year, she asked me who should she get, for a hunting seminar, she wanted to put on. I told her, if your trying to reach out, to real bowhunters, my pick would be Dan Infalt. the guy is a train, coming down hard on the tracks, when it comes to bowhunting, and sharing knowledge.

So hats off to Dan, his moderator Dewey and the whole gang........................ I have learned a lot here.......
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:56 pm

Thank you for starting this thread.

I am also in the camp of "wish I had known about this place sooner". I had seen a few of Dan's Youtube videos from time to time, but I somehow missed the part about the forum, and went on to the next video. Looking for that secret shortcut... The shortcut that doesn't exist.

Anyway, what I have learned that is so valuable, besides the hunting knowledge is that attitude is an equally important part. And I appreciate Dan especially for always being real, sharing all of his successes and failures. Also sharing what he has learned as a man about life in general, the younger generation needs those examples.

The atmosphere here is the best, and that is due to good leadership.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
PaPublicLandHunter

Unread postby PaPublicLandHunter » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:36 am

:clap: thank you Dan and all the others on this forum! In the couple years I’ve been on this forum I’ve learned more than double than the rest of my hunting career combined. Like others have said just wish I would have found it sooner
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:43 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I found the Beast in 2010 and have benefited tremendously from Dan and many other hunters on this site that have been willing to share their whitetail wisdom.

I'm confident that some of my buck kills over the last 10 years are directly related to what I learned on the Beast.

There is a lot of negativity floating around and the only thing I know for sure is Dan has always been willing to share his knowledge on this site for free. A guy could come on here/YouTube/podcasts and get one heck of an education and it wouldn't cost you a dime.

Thank you Dan.

The same! Found the site in 2010 and can't thank Dan enough for all I have learned, Dan you have changed the hunting industry forever by sharing your whitetail wisdom! I don't know a guy alive or dead who has done more to help the average hunter put down a buck of their dreams.
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:48 am

I feel blessed to have found this site. The info I've gathered from here has put a new energy, enthusiasm, and strategy in my hunting. I've also bought a treestand and milkweed off of a couple members who were happier than ever just to he helping another hunter out. Dan and all the mods have done an excellent job keeping this place in order in a way that I believe promotes and attracts people of good character. We can get a bit out of hand in then off season (especially on an election year) but it's entertaining nonetheless and overall this is a great place to be.

And thank you, Dan, for being such a great role model.

I pity the fool who doesn't find value in thehuntingbeast.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”