What is the most time-efficient mobile setup?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Re: What is the most time-efficient mobile setup?

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 am

Saddle with mini sticks with aider or or a small pouch of quality screw in steps where legal. I’m quicker and quieter getting to locations and the set up is quick and efficient.

LukeTM
Facebook: IG: Racks_and_Rivers

Unread postby LukeTM » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Bowhuntercoop wrote:Saddle hands down. My entire set up with platform and 5 beast sticks is under 12 lbs. Takes minutes to climb and be set, no where near 45. I hunted from lock ons for years and haven’t touched one in years, sold em. no advantage for me compared to a saddle and sticks.

Saddle is quieter, faster, safer, more shot options, and a lot more comfy.

Build a fleece or sit and drag to see if ya like it, get your sticks of choice, and pick a platform. Commit to it for a season then make your call.

I want to echo this! I wasn’t sure if I would like the saddle so to keep it cheap I bought a sit drag, bought one single WE step and built a platform to be compatible with the step. For about $60 I found out I love the saddle option.

I know that your question was about speed, but one of the biggest components about the saddle is weight. For me, having significantly less weight and bulk means I move quieter, am willing to go further and as a result, hunt harder.
I hunt, I fish and I sing guitar solos in songs.
IG: Racks_and_Rivers
parkersdad

Unread postby parkersdad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:52 am

I use a JX3 Hybrid saddle. The great thing about the JX3 is you do not need a platform like you do with a normal saddle. I one stick climb and am set up in no time. I am also sitting in the comfort of your couch at home so I can sit still and see more deer.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:25 am

For sure climber is going to be fastest. I'm up the tree in my Summit in a minute or two.

You'll get better with practice though. Nice straight, limbless tree I can probably get to 20 feet with 3 sticks/aiders in less than 5 minutes and still be stealthy. Big diameter trees, limbs, lean, loud bark, all of that can add time. Worst case scenario is probably 15 minutes to climb and setup. It takes me an extra few minutes to unpack, prep climbing gear, and get dressed at the bottom of the tree. I'd like to streamline that process more but there's no way I am going to stop packing in my gear.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
BBH1980

Unread postby BBH1980 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:21 pm

The most time efficient mobile set up is the one you commit to and practice with over and over again till it becomes second nature and you can do it with your eyes closed.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 pm

Saddle and sticks - I can ground hunt with it or set up in dang near any tree and am legal no matter what state I am in.
Jphunter
500 Club

Unread postby Jphunter » Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:10 am

Everyone will have a different system...Hunting from the ground would probably be the most efficient. But A small Treestand and sticks seems to work best for me when hunting from an elevated position. I like to have the ability to set up facing towards or away from the tree if I need to.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”