Seneca State Forrest WV

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jobie28215

Seneca State Forrest WV

Unread postby Jobie28215 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:19 am

Hey guys..looking for a little help. My family and I will be taking our traditional hunting trip to a new location this year. We usually hunt in Randolph county but will be going to Seneca State Forrest this year. I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience in this area and could possibly point me in the right direction on where to start. I have been looking at areal and topo maps and have found a couple features to check out when I can get boots on the ground. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Seneca State Forrest WV

Unread postby brancher147 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:20 am

It’s typical big woods mountain land. Mostly mature timber, some mountain laurel. They have been cutting some timber recently so I would key in on that. I hunt some surrounding counties and there are a lot red oak acorns in places. I have never hunted Seneca forest so don’t know any specifics but I know the general area through camping and driving around. Good luck. If it’s gun season and bear is in you got a good chance of getting one of those also.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Jobie28215

Re: Seneca State Forrest WV

Unread postby Jobie28215 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:53 am

Thanks for the advice. I will check out the timbered areas for sign. I did notice on a satellite image there was some cutting going on near a couple nice saddles that I marked. That will probably be the first place I check out if I have the right wind to get in there. As for the bear..I have always wanted to get one but haven’t yet. That would be a nice treat for sure.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”