THP New York... Another MUST watch!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Lockdown

Re: THP New York... Another MUST watch!

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:08 pm

That was an awesome episode. While they were making their move I was thinking to myself “In order for this to work, a lot of things are going to have to go right.”

Like Stash said a lot of people would have hung back hoping for the buck to move to a better location for a stalk. Or hope to get lucky and have them work your way. As luck would have it Zach got close and the buck ran right to him 8-)

A guy could sit there and call it luck, but the THP boys do an awesome job of putting themselves in a position to get lucky. If that makes sense.

Props to Zach for knowing his equipment and being confident in that shot. The beams on that buck had me drooling. What a stud!

Hookslinger
500 Club

Unread postby Hookslinger » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Zach is the best still hunting/stalking guy in the group I think. If you put it on slow mo when the buck is barreling towards the camera guy you can see blood just spewing out. Crazy how hard and fast they can run after being shot in the vitals.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:29 am

Just incredible!

I also live in CNY.

Persistence, Patience, a little bit of luck, and a TON OF SKILL!!!
Last edited by BAS4109 on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 am

Wow! That footage was incredible.

I really didn't think Zach's style was going to mesh well with that part of NY. I'll eat my crow now. I've seen bucks locked on does in open areas like that, but to seek that out as a strategy, is way more rare/difficult than he just made it look in my opinion. The execution of the game plan was on point though, that is for sure.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:48 am

elk yinzer wrote:Wow! That footage was incredible.

I really didn't think Zach's style was going to mesh well with that part of NY. I'll eat my crow now. I've seen bucks locked on does in open areas like that, but to seek that out as a strategy, is way more rare/difficult than he just made it look in my opinion. The execution of the game plan was on point though, that is for sure.

Well put on the strategy/ execution. It’s pretty much pure chance that they found those deer, but skill and a dose of good luck (him bounding Zach’s way) put him on the wall. Finding that scenario is exceedingly rare to make it repeatable, but taking advantage of it takes something special. Really cool.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”