THP New York... Another MUST watch!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
moog5050
500 Club

Re: THP New York... Another MUST watch!

Unread postby moog5050 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:38 am

True stud for NY, especially CNY.

matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:33 am

The best content yet imo. Great job Zack!!
strehb18

Unread postby strehb18 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:20 am

kwaldeier wrote:I was wondering if anyone else heard the dishwasher :lol:

I think Dan has a video "The Washing Machine Doe" and this is a great example of the sound. You can hear it so clearly as the buck runs at Dylan filming.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:27 am

The video was epic. Sounds like theres been at least 3 bucks knocked down in Iowa recently too and some epic hunts. Cant wait for the November hunts to start rolling in.
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:43 am

These guys are almost getting too good! All seriousness that was about as good as it gets. Very reminiscent of the what makes the Whitetail Adrenaline bow hunts so captivating, and THP is turning theirs around in days.

I love the WA stuff, but worry a little bit about what this level of content coming out so quickly will do for what they have worked so hard to get to. I'll readily admit to not having picked up last years DVDs after being a pre-order customer for the last 6 years.

Anyway, not meaning to digress. The footage of that buck running by Dylan was incredible!
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 am

Absolutely crazy! Thats the best footage they've put out that ive seen.
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:38 am

That is a absolutely great buck no matter where you are! Dang! Pretty cool how it all went down how the buck ran directly at Dylan was awesome. Looking forward to seeing more or their rut footage as I'm sure they have some great hunts coming up
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:59 am

That was cool. :clap:

How many states is that so far? Those guys are truly living the dream. 8-)
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:13 am

I think it just shows what you can sometimes get away with. Seeing that go down, opens up a few more scenarios where we shouldn't be afraid to dive in and give it a try. What's there to lose? Zack could have stayed in the tree Dylan filmed from. For the rest of the day and hoped and prayed the buck would eventually come by. Which is what some of the more adventuress hunters would have done. The rest would have probably just gone on to their predetermined spot! And complained about not seeing anything.

Also shows the "odd" places mature bucks can sometimes be found. Next to a road, and practically out someone's backdoor!!!
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 am

that was a cool hunt video and to get that stud of a buck on the ground now that was awesome.
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am

stash59 wrote:I think it just shows what you can sometimes get away with. Seeing that go down, opens up a few more scenarios where we shouldn't be afraid to dive in and give it a try. What's there to lose? Zack could have stayed in the tree Dylan filmed from. For the rest of the day and hoped and prayed the buck would eventually come by. Which is what some of the more adventuress hunters would have done. The rest would have probably just gone on to their predetermined spot! And complained about not seeing anything.

Also shows the "odd" places mature bucks can sometimes be found. Next to a road, and practically out someone's backdoor!!!

Zack: "if you're in it during the rut you're in it. if you're not, you're way out of the game"

I think thats the take away. Dont be afraid to make moves!
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:24 pm

stash59 wrote:I think it just shows what you can sometimes get away with. Seeing that go down, opens up a few more scenarios where we shouldn't be afraid to dive in and give it a try. What's there to lose? Zack could have stayed in the tree Dylan filmed from. For the rest of the day and hoped and prayed the buck would eventually come by. Which is what some of the more adventuress hunters would have done. The rest would have probably just gone on to their predetermined spot! And complained about not seeing anything.

Spot on!!! It also shows you don’t have to go out west to do spot and stalk. Zach has me wanting to hunt more from the ground.
Lowcountry

Unread postby Lowcountry » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:05 pm

cspot wrote:

Spot on!!! It also shows you don’t have to go out west to do spot and stalk. Zach has me wanting to hunt more from the ground.

Yeah it seems the THP guys are killing half their deer from the ground with archery equipment, unbelievable to me. Seems I need to get in on the ground game some as well...
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:51 pm

Lowcountry wrote:
cspot wrote:

Yeah it seems the THP guys are killing half their deer from the ground with archery equipment, unbelievable to me. Seems I need to get in on the ground game some as well...

3hrs from spotting the deer to the shot... Serious game of attrition. Not sure I could handle it
Mathewshooter

Unread postby Mathewshooter » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Im pretty sure I know exactly where they were hunting. Its the same public land I hunt. In fact, the private land they were worried about that buck going on is where we used to park our campers. Im gonna investigate it further the next time I go there.
I take my Bowhunting seriously

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”