Ghillie Suit Noise

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Arrow Flight

Ghillie Suit Noise

Unread postby Arrow Flight » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:38 am

I attempted to use a ghillie suit off the ground for the first time this season. I have a sapper long jacket from All Predator Calls with the mesh lining. When I would draw my bow back, there was an audible “scraping” for lack of a better term between my jacket and the mesh lining of the sapper that I never noticed preseason, but it was very apparent in the field. It was loud enough that I just scrapped its use completely.

Does anyone have the fabric lined version from All Predator Calls that would be able to speak on any noise from its use? I guess changing jackets is an option as well, but jackets seem to be more expensive than the sapper.

Thanks for any input.

Rich M
500 Club

Re: Ghillie Suit Noise

Unread postby Rich M » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Have you washed it? Maybe that could help?
Trout
500 Club

Unread postby Trout » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:56 pm

I wonder if it's more an issue with your inner jacket? I have their regular mesh ghillie suit and no noise drawing or moving.
KornfedKiller

Unread postby KornfedKiller » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:12 pm

I started using a ghillie suit last week, I find it depends on the coat I'm wearing underneath. If it's my rain/wind outer shell, then theres plenty noise. But if its fleece, different story.
Arrow Flight

Unread postby Arrow Flight » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:35 pm

I have not washed the sapper. I will try that.

I agree that a soft fleece jacket would probably be best. The jacket I was using was the Kuiu Kenai. It is pretty much silent on its own. It is not a shell at all, but the fabric does seem to have a rasp to it when interfaced with the mesh lining of the sapper.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:10 am

Find out which part is making the noise and cut that crap off. I use a ghillie when I hunt crp. Mines a full suit, I cut the bow arm off at the elbow, took the pant bottoms off unevenly around the knees, took most the fluff off in the chest, and cut out both shoulder blades. Sucker is whisper quiet and deer don’t seem to care it’s not in its original form.
“When standing on the walls of the Alamo the outcome has already been decided. All that’s left is to kill as many as you can.”

-Beth Dutton-

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”