Double Signpost

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Trout
500 Club

Double Signpost

Unread postby Trout » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:22 am

Came across a double signpost rub last week and thought it was pretty cool. Anyone ever seen two together like this? Both trees were roughly 8 to 10" in diameter. You could see they've been used for multiple years, including this year. The one on the left was rubbed more on the backside. It was almost like deer coming from the back of the photo rubbed the left tree and deer coming from the other way rubbed the right tree. It's kinda like a cathedral :lol:

IMG_20191109_213017_915.jpg

Found the deer's bed, or at least one of the deer, that I think contributed to this signpost. It was about 100yds away on a east facing ridge, heavy cover behind it and off to the sides, overlooking a big valley that cliffed out. The bed is at the base of that rubbed tree. Not a ton of hair in it, but a little.

I was already tagged out when I found this but hope the deer that made it lives to see another season, gonna call him the cathedral buck.

IMG_20191109_133332_887.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

brancher147
500 Club

Re: Double Signpost

Unread postby brancher147 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:24 am

Maybe two deer were rubbing them at the same time. Going different ways lol....

IMG_0125.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”