Rain, wind and cold front. Beast or Bust?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

The Mediocre Hunter

Rain, wind and cold front. Beast or Bust?

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Screenshot_20191110-201545.png

Hey guys I'm trying to go more beast style with the whole trying to get it done on the best days vs just on the weekend. I'm trying to see what the best time to go out there will be. There's a cold front coming in tonight with rain and wind. Rain will stop around noon tomorrow but wind (+20mph) will remain the rest of the day. Should I go out Monday afternoon when the rain stops or Tuesday morning when the wind slows down. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matt1336
500 Club

Re: Rain, wind and cold front. Beast or Bust?

Unread postby matt1336 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:29 pm

There’s rarely a bad time to hunt this time of year. Weather changes, especially cold fronts and precipitation are good. I always like to be hunting when it stops raining or snowing. I wouldn’t worry too much about the wind unless it becomes a safety issue.
The Mediocre Hunter

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Thanks man! I'll see if I can make it out tomorrow afternoon. If not Tuesday morning. I have the time to be able to take off just of matter of them letting me. Lol
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:37 pm

I would hunt both days; right time of year and the weather change is sure to spur some activity. This has been the best 10 days of deer hunting for our tribe ever: 6 bucks down since November 1st. That kind of activity can’t go on forever, lockdown is approaching at some point.
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.
The Mediocre Hunter

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:47 pm

gsquared23 wrote:I would hunt both days; right time of year and the weather change is sure to spur some activity. This has been the best 10 days of deer hunting for our tribe ever: 6 bucks down since November 1st. That kind of activity can’t go on forever, lockdown is approaching at some point.

Nice! You guys are killing it! Would you suggest that I hit what funnels I can find, or close to doe bedding?
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:44 am

I was set up yesterday on a funnel between doe bedding areas. He walked by at 1:18 pm. He was yuge.
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.
The Mediocre Hunter

Unread postby The Mediocre Hunter » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:21 pm

gsquared23 wrote:I was set up yesterday on a funnel between doe bedding areas. He walked by at 1:18 pm. He was yuge.

I'll have an all day sit tomorrow. Hopefully I have some action at some point.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”