Question.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigwoodslongbow

Question.

Unread postby Bigwoodslongbow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:54 am

Ive never hunted marshes swamps or bogs except early season.
I'm headed outta state for a hunt tonight.
Do u still find fingers annd islands productive during the rut pre rut now that its nivemeber 10th and chasing is started
Or should I back off and get into the bigger woods?

I mean obviously if I get there and theres fresh sighn I'll hunt it but what I'm asking if its worth the 3 mile walk to check it out now that bucks are acting stupid?

I'm very good at hunting and noticinf fresh sighn I just dont know if its worth my time to check or I should stick to the ridges and dive in.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Question.

Unread postby dan » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:45 am

Depends on your goals... easier to kill deer in the woods funnels if pressure is low, but mature bucks will be easier off the points and islands and terrain structure
Bigwoodslongbow

Re: Question.

Unread postby Bigwoodslongbow » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:18 am

dan wrote:Depends on your goals... easier to kill deer in the woods funnels if pressure is low, but mature bucks will be easier off the points and islands and terrain structure

Always after the biggest buck!!!
Just never pursued them on those terrains in novemeber as I'm usually tracking big woods bucks with a 30-06 pump in the mountains in snow this time of year. We jist dont have snow yet so I'm bow hunting its been a warm fall in northern vermont and new hampshire.
Wasnt sure if they slid off those points edges and islands this time of year or genrally still used them.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”