Bedding bust

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

beddedbuck

Bedding bust

Unread postby beddedbuck » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:57 pm

Question for all you guys that hunt up against bedding areas. My brother set up on the edge of a bedding area this afternoon. Two nice bucks a 3 year old and a probably 4 year old came out of the bedding which connects to and overgrown pasture, layer down right on the edge of bedding and pasture. They later there with their backs to the wind and watched over the pasture. My brother got a shot at the 4 year old and “his arrow deflected” and missed the deer completely. That was the first time anyone hunted there this year and I come in on Saturday. Do you think they will go back to bed there or is it done? He said the deer didn’t spook real bad like he didn’t know what happened.

beddedbuck

Re: Bedding bust

Unread postby beddedbuck » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:49 pm

Here are some pictures of him the last couple weeks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:33 pm

That’s a tank!
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
Jurist

Unread postby Jurist » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 pm

beddedbuck wrote:Question for all you guys that hunt up against bedding areas. My brother set up on the edge of a bedding area this afternoon. Two nice bucks a 3 year old and a probably 4 year old came out of the bedding which connects to and overgrown pasture, layer down right on the edge of bedding and pasture. They later there with their backs to the wind and watched over the pasture. My brother got a shot at the 4 year old and “his arrow deflected” and missed the deer completely. That was the first time anyone hunted there this year and I come in on Saturday. Do you think they will go back to bed there or is it done? He said the deer didn’t spook real bad like he didn’t know what happened.

The deer didn't even know he was there. It was a stick falling.

The deer didn't smell him, the deer didn't see him, the deer didn't hear him (well except for the shot).

Deer need 2 senses to make you for sure.

You're good....

Go show your brother how it is done. :D
"We know they are lying,
they know they are lying,
they know we know they are lying,
we know they know we know they are lying,
but they are still lying."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:58 pm

Really hard to say. For a buck like that I'd certainly dive back in there but probably not the exact tree your bother was in. Shifting 50 or 60 yards can make a difference.
beddedbuck

Unread postby beddedbuck » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:49 am

Jurist wrote:
beddedbuck wrote:Question for all you guys that hunt up against bedding areas. My brother set up on the edge of a bedding area this afternoon. Two nice bucks a 3 year old and a probably 4 year old came out of the bedding which connects to and overgrown pasture, layer down right on the edge of bedding and pasture. They later there with their backs to the wind and watched over the pasture. My brother got a shot at the 4 year old and “his arrow deflected” and missed the deer completely. That was the first time anyone hunted there this year and I come in on Saturday. Do you think they will go back to bed there or is it done? He said the deer didn’t spook real bad like he didn’t know what happened.

The deer didn't even know he was there. It was a stick falling.

The deer didn't smell him, the deer didn't see him, the deer didn't hear him (well except for the shot).

Deer need 2 senses to make you for sure.

You're good....

Go show your brother how it is done. :D

I like how you think, I’m going to do just that! Haha, hopefully I’ll be posting up pics of him Saturday night. Thanks brother
beddedbuck

Unread postby beddedbuck » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:52 am

bowfreak8 wrote:Really hard to say. For a buck like that I'd certainly dive back in there but probably not the exact tree your bother was in. Shifting 50 or 60 yards can make a difference.

Good point, I’ll be a little more mobile than my brother was so as long as we don’t have a south wind I’ll be right up against bedding on the opposite edge which is about 50yards from where he was

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”