Bucks scent checking on rainy days? What do you see

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kokes
500 Club

Bucks scent checking on rainy days? What do you see

Unread postby Kokes » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am

Interested to hear your experiences regarding bucks scent checking parallel trails and other areas downwind of doe bedding in late October / into November during periods of rainfall....

Reason I ask is I put off hunting a few well known areas for all day sits waiting for that high pressure/cold/sunny day and those days haven't arrived for me yet...

Do you guys still see bucks on their feet scent checking and using paralell trails on days it's raining all day or on days like this are you better hunting particular buck beds

treeroot
500 Club

Re: Bucks scent checking on rainy days? What do you see

Unread postby treeroot » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:06 pm

I would say I've just as many or more on rainy days. Even better in a light to heavy snow. I enjoy hunting the rain, it gives me the noise cover needed to get places I normally couldn't. My only real issue with rain is i limit my shots.
Kokes
500 Club

Re: Bucks scent checking on rainy days? What do you see

Unread postby Kokes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:38 am

treeroot wrote:I would say I've just as many or more on rainy days. Even better in a light to heavy snow. I enjoy hunting the rain, it gives me the noise cover needed to get places I normally couldn't. My only real issue with rain is i limit my shots.

I agree I see more deer on their feet in the rain, Im looking to try and define that buck movement this time of year.
Wondering if based on others observation in the rain this time of year...do they still scent check and hang out down wind of doe bedding in the rain, or do they tend to stay more on a bed to food pattern, etc

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”