Going in Blind on Private

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

austin1990
500 Club

Re: Going in Blind on Private

Unread postby austin1990 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:23 pm

Kel Varnsen wrote:Thanks, guys. This gives me the kick in the pants I needed to do the extra work on this one. Years ago I would hunt public just to get more of a thrill and challenge. Since I do not have the time to make the drives (new job and baby) I will turn this into a challenge all its own. Hopefully I can get back to you with some fun updates!

Good luck! That's how I've been hunting my private spots for the last few years. More mobile hunting than going in blind, but same deal as finding the overlooked spots that allows them to escape the pressure. I've got a 2 year old and and a newborn so I know about limited time and I have to make the most of it. I've managed to hunt 3 times so far this season, averaging seeing 6 deer a sit and killed my best bow buck the second sit approximately 60 yards from his bed. It's funny he would bed about 40 yards from one of my cousins ladder stands, but from the bed on the field edge he could see the gate we'd open to hunt the area. The gate was about 400 yards off, but he could see us access and slip off. After I found his bed and put it all together I simply came in from a different route, quietly got in a tree and waited for him to come browse in the field. Beast tactics are very effective anywhere, whether its public or private, just gotta go do it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”