Neck problems suck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Neck problems suck

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:22 am

Should be hunting but I'm lying here unable to turn my head in excruciating pain....... post plenty of pictures for the poor saps like me who live vicariously through the people on sites like this lol.

It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
Huntress13
500 Club

Re: Neck problems suck

Unread postby Huntress13 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:48 am

That does suck. Sorry. :cry: Hoping for quick healing.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:47 am

Yes that does suck. Don't give up. And as October progresses. It gets pretty interesting on here. :handgestures-thumbup:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:56 am

I know all about the neck problems. It’s a daily struggle but I get by with chiropractic adjustments/neck traction and CBD for chronic pain. Been trying to avoid any type of surgery because it hasn’t gone well for anybody I know that had it done. Best of luck to you and hope you can get better soon.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:12 am

Had tons of neck issues from working at a computer all day, yoga saved my neck and my hunting.
Putt4Doe

Unread postby Putt4Doe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:16 am

headgear wrote:Had tons of neck issues from working at a computer all day, yoga saved my neck and my hunting.

This^^^ - I had a pulled muscle in my neck turn into a rotator cuff issue. Stretching is key!
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:46 am

what CBd do you reccomend?

Dewey wrote:I know all about the neck problems. It’s a daily struggle but I get by with chiropractic adjustments/neck traction and CBD for chronic pain. Been trying to avoid any type of surgery because it hasn’t gone well for anybody I know that had it done. Best of luck to you and hope you can get better soon.
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:04 am

76chevy wrote:what CBd do you reccomend?

Dewey wrote:I know all about the neck problems. It’s a daily struggle but I get by with chiropractic adjustments/neck traction and CBD for chronic pain. Been trying to avoid any type of surgery because it hasn’t gone well for anybody I know that had it done. Best of luck to you and hope you can get better soon.

I have had good luck with Charlotte’s Web and currently using CBDistillery. https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product ... lspectrum/
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:07 am

Sorry to hear the neck is jacking you up. Charolettes web is good wife uses it. She had neck surgery 8 years ago. CBD helps a ton with sleep for her.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:14 am

Heck I take CBD even when I am feeling good, a little prevention goes a long way. ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:17 am

Tufrthnails wrote:Sorry to hear the neck is jacking you up. Charolettes web is good wife uses it. She had neck surgery 8 years ago. CBD helps a ton with sleep for her.

Same here. I haven’t slept this good in at least 10 years. My neck pain would wake me up every 1/2 hour and getting a good night sleep was almost impossible.
gsquared23

Unread postby gsquared23 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Chiropractors are always busy because back and neck pain sucks and spinal sugery is super unpredictable. It appears to be a coin flip at the best. Pass the CBD...
Bowhunting is not for the faint of heart. But fortune favors the bowed.
raisins

Unread postby raisins » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:26 am

Before I worked on my posture and started using therapy bands everyday to strengthen back and neck muscles, I would sometimes wear a soft Walgreens neck collar in the treestand. I practiced shooting with it.
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 am

I started doing almost-monthly massages and my neck pain has gone down considerably. Knock on wood, I haven't had a neck lockening incident in the 3 years that I have been getting massages now...

I justified the cost for the massages with the fact that the last time I got a cranked neck, I missed about 3 days of work (couldn't drive or anything). So, I feel better, and the massages pay for themselves by not missing work!
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”