Pressure ?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SEOHBB

Pressure ?

Unread postby SEOHBB » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:54 am

Had a guy that hunts ground I just got permission on go to the property today, ride his quad around, set up a ladder stand. Guy told me he didnt hunt it, just scouted for his November trip. I arrive next weekend and wont be able to hunt it until 6th or 7th. There is a loaded pear tree with sign on the ground. Would u guys give it a go or do u expect the mature buck/s to be gone? Is there forgiveness?

Property has best security cover in the area throughout it. I had plans on hunting between beds and pears but not sure what to do now

Drenalin
500 Club

Re: Pressure ?

Unread postby Drenalin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:52 pm

I’d hunt it. You’re unlikely to find an area to hunt with zero pressure, so the deer and bucks will be where they feel the least pressure. A guy running around the property for one day isn’t much pressure in my book, but that also depends on the surrounding properties and how pressured they are. That pear tree’s a great draw, but if you can, hunt closer to the beds than you do to the pears even if it means you see fewer deer. Don’t discount the importance of acorns either.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:26 pm

If deer avoided every place a guy walked or road a atv they wouldn't have anywhere to go! Wouldn't reccomend sitting next to the guys fresh ladder but have fun and wear that sucker out. Even if the bucks are gone don't assume it's from Ladderstand Larry. There's a bunch of relocation going on a the moment, atleast in my timber. But at the same time you have just as good of odds of one moving into your area you haven't seen b4. Good Luck....
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 am

Boogieman1 wrote:If deer avoided every place a guy walked or road a atv they wouldn't have anywhere to go! Wouldn't reccomend sitting next to the guys fresh ladder but have fun and wear that sucker out. Even if the bucks are gone don't assume it's from Ladderstand Larry. There's a bunch of relocation going on a the moment, atleast in my timber. But at the same time you have just as good of odds of one moving into your area you haven't seen b4. Good Luck....

I agree.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:14 am

If deer are living around people. They aren't just going to up and leave. Unless harassed in their security areas, daily.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”