Big buck sighting ??

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kcole1987

Big buck sighting ??

Unread postby kcole1987 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:19 am

I got a tip from a person I trust that he saw a huge buck in this one area, it's gamelands. I've walked the areas close by but never this particular area. Hill country topo looks amazing for buck bedding. Do you go in now and to see if sign is there or wait 2 weeks till season and scout with the stand on your back and hunt it? I mean maybe not go right to where you suspect him to be but stay back a little and look for sign ? Just curious what others would do with never stepping foot on the ground before.

John 6:47: "I'm telling you the most solemn and sober truth now: Whoever believes in me has real life, eternal life. I am the Bread of life.
Jdw
500 Club

Re: Big buck sighting ??

Unread postby Jdw » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:57 am

I am assuming long range observing is limited so I would scout my way in and if I find the right sign hunt it and try to make the first hunt count.
kcole1987

Unread postby kcole1987 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:00 am

yeah, no long range scouting at all.
John 6:47: "I'm telling you the most solemn and sober truth now: Whoever believes in me has real life, eternal life. I am the Bread of life.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:14 am

Jdw wrote:I am assuming long range observing is limited so I would scout my way in and if I find the right sign hunt it and try to make the first hunt count.

Agree with this. Try and get the jump on him opening day since observation sit is a no go.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:22 am

To me, getting intel ahead of time is a pretty big advantage as long as you can do it with out effecting his bedding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”