How many members are from New Hampshire

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cw2gsp

Re: How many members are from New Hampshire

Unread postby cw2gsp » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:37 am

Granite stater here. My mature buck sightings have gone way up since hunting beast style but have yet to really capitalize in NH. However I've been fortuity enough to travel out to the mid-west the last couple years and use beast tactics to kill a couple great bucks on public land. The difference is amazing!

That said plenty of big deer in NH, just harder to kill them on a consistent basis.

603bowhunt

Unread postby 603bowhunt » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:45 pm

New member here, I live in sanbornton and hunt the surrounding areas. Glad to see some other granite staters here
Tsom
500 Club

Unread postby Tsom » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 pm

Welcome! I'm from the monadnock region.
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:21 pm

603bowhunt wrote:New member here, I live in sanbornton and hunt the surrounding areas. Glad to see some other granite staters here

Welcome to the beast I'm from tilton nice to see someone one here doesnt live far from me
I only work so I can hunt
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:24 pm

cw2gsp wrote:Granite stater here. My mature buck sightings have gone way up since hunting beast style but have yet to really capitalize in NH. However I've been fortuity enough to travel out to the mid-west the last couple years and use beast tactics to kill a couple great bucks on public land. The difference is amazing!

That said plenty of big deer in NH, just harder to kill them on a consistent basis.
your right there are a lot of big bucks in nh and they are harder to kill I've also had better luck hunting beast style just have put an arrow in one yet
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 pm

It's nice to know that there are a few guys from NH on here good luck this season guys
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:07 am

How about a get together in Concord @ chicken wing place?
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:04 am

Buffalo Wild Wings...

Or we could do a little more South and In vitro New England beasts
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:22 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:Buffalo Wild Wings...

Or we could do a little more South and In vitro New England beasts

Sounds like a good idea to me would definitely like together and see talk with everyone in NH we will have to see what's day would be good for all of us
NH Teufelhund

Unread postby NH Teufelhund » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:16 pm

I hunt Rockingham county. This is my 5th season and 2nd since I found the beast. I’ve seen 6 doe and I had one broadside at fifteen yards that I passed on last Sunday night. I’m focusing on bucks right now.
603bowhunt

Unread postby 603bowhunt » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:32 am

That sounds like a good idea, we need to get something planned. I'd love to share stories and pick others brains. I'm 28 and have been hunting since I was 16 but didn't get my first till I was 22. Since then I've shot 10 deer and I'm always trying to sharpen my skills and use different tactics. I want to kill big bucks just like everyone else but have a hard time passing deer up. I want to make it to the next level and my hardest this so far with this is finding "buck bedding" . Would love to chat with some locals, pm me and I'll give you my number
LateRiser

Unread postby LateRiser » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:10 am

Another North Shore MA guy here, but hit Rockingham Co public twice last week. Saw 4 (maybe 6, depending on whether or not it was the same 2 that came back) does first sit on the edge of a marsh. Since they all came out of the timber and into the marsh, I figured there wasn't enough pressure to push them into the wet yet and they were staying up in the acorns.

So, second sit I was over a scrape and super fresh large droppings under some oaks. Saw nothing though.

There are so many acorns that it's really hard to find any pattern right now. Food everywhere.
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:29 am

603bowhunt wrote:That sounds like a good idea, we need to get something planned. I'd love to share stories and pick others brains. I'm 28 and have been hunting since I was 16 but didn't get my first till I was 22. Since then I've shot 10 deer and I'm always trying to sharpen my skills and use different tactics. I want to kill big bucks just like everyone else but have a hard time passing deer up. I want to make it to the next level and my hardest this so far with this is finding "buck bedding" . Would love to chat with some locals, pm me and I'll give you my number

All we need to do is pick a date and location
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:32 am

What date would be good for everyone and we could meet in concord Manchester area if that's good for everyone if not just throw another location out and we will figure it out

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”