Latest THP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

funderburk
500 Club

Latest THP

Unread postby funderburk » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 pm

The latest Hunting Public video is outstanding. Jake spot and stalked a great buck and shot him right at 10 yards from the ground. Incredible footage. I wanted to post about it because all of that happened without scent control products. How can you argue with that?!
Last edited by funderburk on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“I’ve always believed that the mind is the best weapon.” John Rambo
gdtrfb24

Re: Latest THP

Unread postby gdtrfb24 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Agree, that was an amazing video. My heart would have been pounding in my chest...
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 pm

I really enjoyed the NoDak footage. Those guys are really starting to figure it out.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 am

I love everything that these guys do. It is always very well put together, educational, and fun to watch.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:14 am

It was some outstanding footage. Having both Jake and the deer in the frame was awesome. The deer looked like he was going to run Jake over.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
The_Real_Jmill

Unread postby The_Real_Jmill » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 am

Great hunt, but why does one have to argue scent control or not. Just hunt and do it the way you want n be happy!!
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 am

That was great footage and an awesome deer. Reminded me a lot of the whitetail adrenaline stuff. I would love to see these guys hunt with Jared Scheffler and his crew sometime.
cw2gsp

Unread postby cw2gsp » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:39 am

Love those guys, great footage on the kill... although the best footage of the whole episode was definitely Grant's face plant. Welcome to the crew Grant!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 am

:clap: :clap:

Great footage on an up close and personal kill. Congrats to Jake :clap:
Coolhandluke

Unread postby Coolhandluke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:06 am

Got my heart rate up for sure. I can’t imagine how intense that felt. Looked more like 10 feet than 10 yards from the camera angle. Great stuff.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:08 am

That was awesome.
I could feel the adrenaline that close.

Making me want to visit North Dakota next year.

The hunting public is awesome I watch every episode. :clap:

I love the small details jumping over fences, the camp, excitement, glassing , subway bag on dash it's so genuine and its what's missing in other hunting videos.
Last edited by Tennhunter3 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:12 am

Awesome episode! Super fun to watch. 8-)

I was loving their findings with how those deer were bedding. That’s exactly what I see in west central MN. At the end of the video Aaron said “they hide in the little low spots where you can’t see them from the road.” And that’s the exact thing I mentioned in PredatorTC’s podcast thread. That’s why I always push getting out of the truck while observing.

And jumping that buck in the fence line... a fence line with standing corn on both sides is all they need. The hard part is where on that fence line will he be. He was just hanging out, most likely in a low spot. I should watch it again, but I think he ran away up hill...

The bucks bedded in the weeds/canola, what was right next to them? Standing corn. That lines up with the stuff I was mentioning in the early season standing corn thread I started. Deer love the security of standing corn. End of story. They bed by it, multiple food sources are right there, and escape if they need it.

Lastly, was anyone else mind blown that the buck didn’t bust Jake when he stood up? With the angle the buck was at, Jake likely had the corn as a back drop, so I don’t think he was skylined. That’s super important. Also, the buck was looking into the setting sun. If Jake was on the other side of that buck, I highly doubt he would have gotten away with it. It would have been illuminating him rather than blinding the buck. You can tell he saw movement, but it didn’t appear that he was ready to bolt. I bet if Jake didn’t shoot, that deer would have stood there a while longer.

Just wanted to point those things out, but regardless, that’s a heck of an accomplishment. 10 yards on the ground is insanely hard to get away with. :clap: :clap:

I love these THP espisodes!! I find them extremely relatable.
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:13 am

Thp and all new beast you tube videos are absolute must watch. Their ND trip was great. I hunted ND a few years ago and now I have the itch to go back. Now that my kids showed me how to tell the remote “you tube” I’m set.
Persistence is undefeated.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:23 am

Lets keep this thread going and discuss their findings after they drop each episode. Lots to learn from the footage they lay down. 8-)

I’ve seen a lot of comments online “I’m learning a lot from THP”.

Some might not know that Aaron joined the forum when he was still with Midwest Whitetail. He was pretty active here for a while when he first joined, and in the early videos he mentioned relating a bunch of encounters/kills to Dan’s teachings. I remember him saying “just like Dan Infalt said”.

I think a lot of new members can think back to old encounters and figure out why they happened the way they did.

I think they do a great job with applying Beast tactics, yet keep an open mind to account for whatever situation they’re in. The 2018 KY trip is a great example.
MNarrow

Unread postby MNarrow » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:38 am

Grant eating it over the fence.........and the barbed wire reverberating after. Lol.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”