Latest THP

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Latest THP

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:21 pm

WV Bowhunter wrote:I went to one of their workshops this year, got to meet Zach, Jake and Ted. They were great guys and I really enjoyed spending some time with them and seeing how they would attack a piece of ground.

462B31CE-FF2A-4699-B4FB-C46E8A0F2FCC.jpeg

Did those guys know you? Because you knock down some slammers every year

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Lockdown wrote:Anyone else disappointed that Jake got rid of the mullet?

College buddy of mine used to have one. He said the women were more willing to talk to him after he chopped it off :lol:

Yes. The mullet and the cheezy stache
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:11 am

bigbuckhunter88 wrote:
BorealBushMN wrote:Haha! Just saw a clip Born and Raised posted on FB to tease the rest of their crew in AZ showing Zach packin out a stud bull on his back! Can't wait to watch that series!

Saw that also. Gonna be a long wait till November I assume. Good thing season is close and they're still pumping out deer hunts to keep us occupied

Dang hope we dont have to wait for land of the free to come out. I always assumed the THP guys would put out there own video on it on the deer tour series. Guess well see
simpzenith
Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/simpzenith

Unread postby simpzenith » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:14 am

Jmitch wrote:
bigbuckhunter88 wrote:
BorealBushMN wrote:Haha! Just saw a clip Born and Raised posted on FB to tease the rest of their crew in AZ showing Zach packin out a stud bull on his back! Can't wait to watch that series!

Saw that also. Gonna be a long wait till November I assume. Good thing season is close and they're still pumping out deer hunts to keep us occupied

Dang hope we dont have to wait for land of the free to come out. I always assumed the THP guys would put out there own video on it on the deer tour series. Guess well see

It'll be on the THP channel. They are/were in the backcountry so they can't edit those hunts until they're back to civilization.
Public Land Deer & Turkey Hunts: http://www.YouTube.com/simpzenith
Jmitch

Unread postby Jmitch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:57 am

simpzenith wrote:
Jmitch wrote:
bigbuckhunter88 wrote:

It'll be on the THP channel. They are/were in the backcountry so they can't edit those hunts until they're back to civilization.

Thanks for clarifying. Figured it was something of that nature.

Btw I recently found your channel and watched your ND buck video, this years first tracking video and your MN doe videos. They were all great good work
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:57 am

Haven't seen it yet but I love their stuff I have the litzinger podcast on right now
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:28 am

North Dakota trespass law.

Off Topic
Only the owner or tenant, or an individual authorized by the owner, may post land by placing signs alongside a public highway or boundary giving notice that no hunting is permitted on the land. The name of the person posting the land must appear on each sign in legible characters. The signs must be readable from outside the land and must be placed conspicuously and not more than 880 yards apart. On land entirely enclosed by a fence or other enclosure, posting of signs at or on all gates through the fence or enclosure constitutes a posting of all the enclosed land.
Hunting on posted lands without permission from the owner or tenant is illegal and punishable by suspension of hunting, fishing and trapping privileges for a period of at least one year.
Any person may enter upon legally posted land (without a firearm or bow) to recover game shot or killed on land where he/she had a lawful right to hunt.
It is illegal to hunt in unharvested cereal and oilseed crops, including sprouted winter wheat, alfalfa, clover and other grasses grown for seed, without the landowner’s consent.
It is illegal to deface, take down or destroy posting signs.
Failure to close gates upon exit or entry is a criminal violation punishable by forfeiture of hunting licenses.
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:10 am

Jake was not in the canola. He stayed in the grass between fields. They contacted the landowner prior to going in it to retrieve the buck. Let's not stir something up where there is nothing. We've got page after page of support for these guys, and it would be a shame to turn this post negative.
Not all those who wander are lost...
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:16 am

jwilkstn wrote:Jake was not in the canola. He stayed in the grass between fields. They contacted the landowner prior to going in it to retrieve the buck. Let's not stir something up where there is nothing. We've got page after page of support for these guys, and it would be a shame to turn this post negative.

I agree. They said they offered to pay the landowner any damages for said canola as well.

Let's also face it if they were doing something illegal why would they have mentioned the law and all of the stuff in the video. They could simply say they had permission and no one would be the wiser.
Rancher43

Unread postby Rancher43 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:16 am

I think these boys go beyond what normal people would do when it comes to following rules/laws for the areas they hunt. I applaud them for dotting their “I’s“ and crossing their “T’s”!

Also pretty sure they talked to a farmer on the road before they hunted and he said it was ok along with offering to pay the farmer for whatever crops they damaged.
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:28 am

cspot wrote:
jwilkstn wrote:Jake was not in the canola. He stayed in the grass between fields. They contacted the landowner prior to going in it to retrieve the buck. Let's not stir something up where there is nothing. We've got page after page of support for these guys, and it would be a shame to turn this post negative.

I agree. They said they offered to pay the landowner any damages for said canola as well.

Let's also face it if they were doing something illegal why would they have mentioned the law and all of the stuff in the video. They could simply say they had permission and no one would be the wiser.

I am a big THP fan, and I'm not trying to make them look bad. I'm more concerned about viewers watching the show that may try what they saw do it legally. I have a North Dakota tag, and may go back.

Shooting a deer while it is in the unharvested field is considered hunting in the field even if you are not in the field yourself. I'm not sure if the buck Jake shot was in the field or not, and don't really care.
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:37 am

mike_mc wrote:
cspot wrote:

I am a big THP fan, and I'm not trying to make them look bad. I'm more concerned about viewers watching the show that may try what they saw do it legally. I have a North Dakota tag, and may go back.

Shooting a deer while it is in the unharvested field is considered hunting in the field even if you are not in the field yourself. I'm not sure if the buck Jake shot was in the field or not, and don't really care.

The buck came out of the field, Jake shot it, then it ran back into the field. There's no way he could have shot it from the ground into the canola because the canola was almost over the deer's head.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:56 am

Huntress13 wrote:
mike_mc wrote:
cspot wrote:

The buck came out of the field, Jake shot it, then it ran back into the field. There's no way he could have shot it from the ground into the canola because the canola was almost over the deer's head.

I'm a big fan of the THP boys too. And I think they did everything on the up and up. But is or isn't the non tilled, non planted part of a field. Still The field. Especially with a bow. Odds are you hit a deer. It's going back into the crop. So, just saying. I'd err on the safe side and try and talk to the farmer before the hunt.

I believe the chat the THP boys had with the neighboring farmer. Clued them in to how the actual landowner, whose land they hunted on felt, about it all.
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:31 am

Back to good news, they've got a buck down in MO :dance:
Not all those who wander are lost...
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:10 am

stash59 wrote:
Huntress13 wrote:
mike_mc wrote:
cspot wrote:

I'm a big fan of the THP boys too. And I think they did everything on the up and up. But is or isn't the non tilled, non planted part of a field. Still The field. Especially with a bow. Odds are you hit a deer. It's going back into the crop. So, just saying. I'd err on the safe side and try and talk to the farmer before the hunt.

I believe the chat the THP boys had with the neighboring farmer. Clued them in to how the actual landowner, whose land they hunted on felt, about it all.

That sounds like speculation to me. I got the impression the guy on the 4 wheeler was telling them not to cross onto the property beyond where they shot the buck.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”