"Want"

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Country
500 Club

Re: "Want"

Unread postby Country » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 pm

I can't wait!

UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Im ready! bring it! :twisted:

Sept 7 in ky :dance:
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Bow-wa-Ditty

Unread postby Bow-wa-Ditty » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm with you Dan my season never ends and I'm always pining for the start of the next season. Here's to you Beast fans we are almost there once again
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Game time!!
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:26 pm

I think we all have different degrees of "want". I want to have fun! Stripping down and wading through ice cold water in the dark isn't my idea of fun. But who says you can't wear chest waders!!!!! :mrgreen:

Plenty of keyboard experts out there that have never waded in an inch of water. Telling Beasts how ridicules they are, or that'll never work.

I might not be quite ready by the opener, but I'll crawl into a stand at some point this season!!!

Almost time to "gitterdone" boys. You too girls!!! :dance:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:30 pm

:clap:
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Good post - guess I need to update my motto "Want leads to persistence; persistence leads to confidence; confidence + persistence leads to success."
Huntress13
500 Club

Unread postby Huntress13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:04 am

I've got the want, that's why I'm here! We will see how well my body agrees with my mind and heart this year. I see more year round workouts in my future. And more different gear for next season. We need a thread for tips and tricks for older beasts.
Twigs in my hair, don't care.
HunterBob
500 Club

Unread postby HunterBob » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:32 am

My "want" is overriding my patience for season to start at the moment. Can't wait for September 14th!!! Already got some swampy spots in mind, just hoping the wind is right.
milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:20 am

dan wrote:If you are 1/2 way intelligent, and you don't get fooled by all the fast talking fellas trying to sell you the latest greatest gidgets, gadgets, gizmo's, or pixie dust, you can learn to kill big bucks on a regular basis.

You can be taught to read sign, to read and understand maps. You can be shown where big bucks bed, you can learn why, when, and how they access an leave there secure area and how you can take advantage of it.

Its not really all that hard to learn if you work at it...

But... There is one thing you can't be taught, and you can't buy. That thing is "Want" You have to want to succeed. No, I don't mean like how you want a new car, or want to loose some weight. I mean you really, REALLY, have to want it.

Dig down deep, get up at 3am and wade thru ice cold belly deep swamp water and muck 2 miles in blackness to beat the buck to his bed kinda want. The kinda want that does that 10 days in a row without a single deer sighting and gets up the 11th day with a smile to do it again.

Nope... You can't buy passion and drive. Its either in you, or its not.

My bet is there are a few reading this that are thinking "what the heck is Dan talking about? Yea... They don't have it.

So heres to all the rest of you hard core, passion driven, nut jobs like me who are sick of the internet trolls and are ready to hit the woods.

Its almost time!

normal_img078.jpg

Truer words have never been spoken. Great post Dan!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:27 am

Time to get it boys! Don’t forget to enjoy the misery ;)
mag1
500 Club

Unread postby mag1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:36 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:58 am

Good Stuff! PERSPECTIVE is huge. I'm always amazed at how many guys "think" that they are hardcore. Myself included. I thought I was hardcore until Dan thought it would be a good idea to drive 6 hours a day every day during the Minnesota public land challenge. That's hardcore, but its also only perspective. It made the two hour drive down to Dan's four days in a row no big deal last January.

Here's something cheesy that I've been doing to trick myself. Watch a UFC fight once. Nate Diaz threw 201 punches his last fight and landed 94 of them hitting Anthony Pettis in the head. The dude got hit in the head 94 times!!! The next time you don't want to go through that swamp or climb that hill or you feel too lazy to go scouting, just remember some people get punched in the head for a living so you have nothing to complain about. Too hot out? Too cold out? Mud is too deep? That area has poison sumac? Your fat? At least your not getting punched in the head. Get up and go!

I probably sound like a nutcase :lol: but that's how I think
Weaver.b

Unread postby Weaver.b » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:04 am

PredatorTC wrote:Good Stuff! PERSPECTIVE is huge. I'm always amazed at how many guys "think" that they are hardcore. Myself included. I thought I was hardcore until Dan thought it would be a good idea to drive 6 hours a day every day during the Minnesota public land challenge. That's hardcore, but its also only perspective. It made the two hour drive down to Dan's four days in a row no big deal last January.

Here's something cheesy that I've been doing to trick myself. Watch a UFC fight once. Nate Diaz threw 201 punches his last fight and landed 94 of them hitting Anthony Pettis in the head. The dude got hit in the head 94 times!!! The next time you don't want to go through that swamp or climb that hill or you feel too lazy to go scouting, just remember some people get punched in the head for a living so you have nothing to complain about. Too hot out? Too cold out? Mud is too deep? That area has poison sumac? Your fat? At least your not getting punched in the head. Get up and go!

I probably sound like a nutcase :lol: but that's how I think

:lol: :lol: That is a great reference. If you just lightly punch yourself in the face it isnt that pleasant I dont know how they take as many punches as they do!

Now I sound like a nutcase admitting to punching myself in the face :lol: :roll:
When my time upon this earth the days they are fulfilled let me die at least as clean as those I killed
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:16 am

I rode a bike to work 49 weeks out of the year, 15 miles each way for about 5 years, rain, wind, sleet, snow, sub-zero temps, multiple 6-8 percent grades on a single speed bike. (riding on frozen lakes with studded tires is actually kind of cool). That's fairly stupid. But you learn how to suffer and get on with things. For example, changing a flat with a 10-below windchill is no picnic. Experiences like that make any weather / fatigue / terrain condition-related suffering in deer hunting seem like second nature. Bring it.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”