Doe bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ill_make_you_famous

Doe bedding

Unread postby Ill_make_you_famous » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:02 pm

I’m going to change the focus from trophy bucks to does. Will does bed based on the wind like a mature buck as well or are they more apt to bed in the same areas daily? I love to hunt deer, and I don’t have the time nor going to make the types of sacrifices Dan has made for big bucks. I just enjoy to hunt and cherish the time I get to spend in the woods and honestly prefer the doe meat. I’m pretty new to public land hunting and am adjusting my hunting style as I go, trying to learn something every time I go out. Just figured I’d see what your findings have been in relation to doe bedding.

Jdw
500 Club

Re: Doe bedding

Unread postby Jdw » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:38 pm

The does in my area have smaller ranges than bucks and are more predictable in their bedding and feeding patterns.
They are more likely to bed in the same areas regardless of the wind direction and tend to make up for it by bedding in groups.
If there is any hunting pressure they are inclined to bed in places where they can watch hunters accessing the property.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”