Live from the field 2019

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

milkweed-militia
500 Club
Facebook: Ross Brawner

Re: Live from the field 2019

Unread postby milkweed-militia » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:15 am

greenhorndave wrote:Awesome Milkweed!! Your pics are fabulous too.Terrific photographer behind the camera.

I am super glad that the wife has a good camera to capture the memories. Little man has called everybody and has been telling me most of the day that, "Daddy, this is the best day!"

Awesome buck cattail_crusher! That thing is a slammer. :dance:

backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:39 am

WOW Cattailcrusher!!!! That is an awesome buck man! Congrats :clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:
cspot
500 Club

Unread postby cspot » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:47 am

Congrats Cattail and Milkweed!!
hunting_dad
500 Club

Unread postby hunting_dad » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:27 am

MM that is awesome you got to share that with your son. What an awesome experience for both of you. Huge congrats!

Cattail... I do t even know what to say except congrats. That thing is a HOSS!!

My day has been pretty slow up to this point. Jumped one deer early this morning but couldn’t tell what it was. Good body size but that’s about it. Been scouting and found some old and fresh sign so they’re in here at least occasionally. Found a spot to take a short nap. My back is screaming at me right now. :lol:
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:59 am

cattailcrusher wrote:Man I am at a loss for words on how this season is going. I was able to connect on this guy yesterday morning, making him the third buck I have shot this season, all on public land. Went in blind to a new spot and caught him following three does. Him also being the first buck I have shot on the ground, what an absolute rush.

Wow 3 slobs in one year? :clap: congrats man!

Which state this time?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:01 am

MrT wrote:
cattailcrusher wrote:Man I am at a loss for words on how this season is going. I was able to connect on this guy yesterday morning, making him the third buck I have shot this season, all on public land. Went in blind to a new spot and caught him following three does. Him also being the first buck I have shot on the ground, what an absolute rush.

That is an awesome buck! Congrats on your season! I was just coming on here to post this arrowhead I found, but what you found is way cooler.20191214_111122.jpg

Nice point! What part of the country did u find it? Looks like what we call a Maud in my parts. Great find.. Is that your first? If so just warning u, looking for heads can get very addictive. 8-)
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:21 am

Awesome deer Crusher!

Looking forward to the story. :clap:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:54 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
MrT wrote:

That is an awesome buck! Congrats on your season! I was just coming on here to post this arrowhead I found, but what you found is way cooler.20191214_111122.jpg

Nice point! What part of the country did u find it? Looks like what we call a Maud in my parts. Great find.. Is that your first? If so just warning u, looking for heads can get very addictive. 8-)

Southern NC, the sandhills. I used to look and find them in the fields all the time when I was a kid bored during summer break. This is the first one I've found in the woods though. Soil is very sandy in this part of NC so after a hard rain it was just laying on top as pretty as could be.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:13 am

MrT wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
MrT wrote:

Southern NC, the sandhills. I used to look and find them in the fields all the time when I was a kid bored during summer break. This is the first one I've found in the woods though. Soil is very sandy in this part of NC so after a hard rain it was just laying on top as pretty as could be.

Remember where u found it. Go back to the same spot after next rain. It’s a endless pit of goodies. The chances of that being what’s known as a spare (basically a single point that fell out of a Indians pocket are very rare. More than likely u found it on a old camp site
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 am

Wisconsin doe hunters, I just checked a cam in Kenosha county and one of our whoppers that is for sure 8 years old maybe older has already shed both sides.... know your targets if you don’t wanna lose a trophy buck to a doe tag. If you don’t care well then this wasn’t meant for you lol just an fyi
MrT
500 Club

Unread postby MrT » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:51 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
MrT wrote:
Boogieman1 wrote:
MrT wrote:

Remember where u found it. Go back to the same spot after next rain. It’s a endless pit of goodies. The chances of that being what’s known as a spare (basically a single point that fell out of a Indians pocket are very rare. More than likely u found it on a old camp site

Thanks for the tip, I'll probably go back now haha.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:23 pm

8-) :clap: :dance: cattailcrusher
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Wetfoot
500 Club

Unread postby Wetfoot » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm

After doing this for more than 30 years, I second guessed myself and blow a chance at a nice buck. Scouted my way in and after a couple hours set up on the downwind side of some doe bedding next to a small creek. After a couple hours I see nothing do some more scouting but find nothing better. Go back to origional spot but now have left ground scent near one of the two major trails leading to the bedding area. Sure enough a doe shows up on the one trail with a nice buck in tow. Could'nt see his rack well but had a huge body. Doe hit my ground scent and hung up for about 10 minutes trying to figure out where I was. She finally moved on. When he hit the trail he wheeled and blew out hard. He's probably still running. Still haven't learned to believe completely in my setups :twisted:
treeroot
500 Club

Unread postby treeroot » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:59 pm

I congrats on the doe and buck! Nice find on the arrow head.

I'll be back grinding in the early am. When I left today it was raining and grass. At roughly 8" of snow now and it's still coming down.
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:49 am

Getting ready to go. Doe only is stupid... stupid.... stupid...
Get my drift
Thanks Wisconsin
If I see a good buck today I might cry or laugh or make goat noises...
But being in the woods beats being at work or a wedding or in the clink.
Good luck to those grinding.
After today it’s back to balls to the walls
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”