Summer Scouting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Marcus.smith620

Summer Scouting

Unread postby Marcus.smith620 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:50 am

I have read some things on here about summer scouting and that most people just glass deer, but don't go into areas for one reason, or another, but is it really that detrimental to take a look at a new spot, or spot that you know already this late into the summer? By the time bow season starts, in Wisconsin, you have two months for things to "settle" down. I'm mainly looking for old rub lines, access points, used runways, and things other than just beds. Thoughts?

Jdw
500 Club

Re: Summer Scouting

Unread postby Jdw » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 am

I will scout new areas about any time of year. But if I know a good buck is using the area I am as careful as possible not to let him know I am after him.

If you need the info go in (one time) and get it. If you know the area already leave it alone.
Marcus.smith620

Re: Summer Scouting

Unread postby Marcus.smith620 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:31 am

Has anyone through their own experiences tells them not to go in there because they've seen deer completely leave? I know Dan has spoken about hunting a spot no more than three times in a season (three times in about a three month span) because he will most likely move away for a while if you over hunt it so I wouldn't think going in at the summer midpoint would do any damage.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”