Show Us Your Favorite Deer and Tell Us the Story Behind Him/Her

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: Show Us Your Favorite Deer and Tell Us the Story Behind Him/Her

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:16 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I'll always remember my daughter's first bow kill and first buck kill. It was an awesome experience.

2015092695.jpg

Full story at link.

https://thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.p ... n+da+marsh

:dance:
Looking forward to reading that later. Great buck.

----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:26 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:I'll always remember my daughter's first bow kill and first buck kill. It was an awesome experience.

2015092695.jpg

Full story at link.

https://thehuntingbeast.com/viewtopic.p ... n+da+marsh

That was a good story. She sure showed us how to get it done in the marsh. Nothing hard about it!! :lol:
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:28 am

Dewey wrote:

2015092695.jpg

Full story at link.

viewtopic.php?f=287&t=32200&hilit=miracle+in+da+marsh

That was a good story. She sure showed us how to get it done in the marsh. Nothing hard about it!! :lol:

:lol:

No kidding....one lucky kid for sure.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:44 am

I've been really trying to find the pic of my deer cart with 2 deer and 2 turkeys on it from years back. No luck, but a GREAT story.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:20 am

muddy wrote:I've been really trying to find the pic of my deer cart with 2 deer and 2 turkeys on it from years back. No luck, but a GREAT story.

I'm sure I can photoshop something.

We'll settle for just the story because it sounds awesome. ;)
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:39 am

greenhorndave wrote:
muddy wrote:I've been really trying to find the pic of my deer cart with 2 deer and 2 turkeys on it from years back. No luck, but a GREAT story.

I'm sure I can photoshop something.

We'll settle for just the story because it sounds awesome. ;)

I'll get the external hard drive out later and see if I can remember its password and find the pic. Somehow deleted that year off my photobucket account

Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 pm

I remember that, didn't you run out of arrows? :lol: .....hope you find the pics
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:

I remember that, didn't you run out of arrows? :lol: .....hope you find the pics

Indeed I did. I finally found the external drive, hope the good pic is on it. Here's the crap pic.

Screenshot_20190713-211930_Facebook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:45 pm

8-)
Cchez
Facebook: codiechesney is my Instagram

Unread postby Cchez » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:27 am

This kill is from 2 years ago. Its not my biggest buck, but its one of my favorites because that season is when i started to think a little more outside of the box as far as my hunting practices go, and i made a mid day adjustment to try something new in a spot where i knew deer traveled, but i had never never hunted.

It was the second day of northeast MN gun season, and very windy. I started the morning in a pre set ladder stand i had killed a nice (for our area) 8pt 2 seasons before. Its a fairly open spot, on the top of a ridge that drops down into an ash/alder swamp. But being that it was so open with all the leaves gone, my tree was swaying like crazy. I started to wonder if the deer would be hanging out in another area on the property where there was more shelter from the wind. After not seeing anything by 11, i climbed down and decided to try a new spot with some wind shelter.

My original plan was to try and sneak hunt into a spruce swamp and do some ground hunting. But once i made my way in, there was 0 deer sign around, as it had snowed overnight. So instead of staying, i moved along onto a north/south orientedridge of red pines. The strong westerly winds werent so bad with all the pines breaking up the gusts. I climbed into an old wooden stand that was already on the property when we bought it. On the east end of the ridge, it drops down to a bench with a walking trail on it, that also drops down into a lower swamper area further east. Not long into the sit, a lone doe walked along ridge and munched a bit, then slowly made her way out of sight. I was playing with my doe bleat can when i looked to my northwest and saw a small buck down in a little bowl, looking for the source of the bleats. I watched him for a minute, then looked off to the northeast and saw this 8 pt coming up on the ridge from down in another bowl. I made the shot and he only went about 30 yards. After shooting, the little buck i saw was actually with another little buck that i couldnt see down in the thick bowl, but saw them both take off after shooting. Im not exactly sure where the buck i shot came from as i didnt back track him. This was before i discovered this site and didnt think of it. I was also just really happy at that moment to have taken a buck, and proud that my decision to try something new paid off for me in a spot id never hunted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”