Bedding swamp crp transition

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Nimrodhunter

Bedding swamp crp transition

Unread postby Nimrodhunter » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Anyone have any experience hunting bedding on thin tree lines where the swamp/slough meets the crp/grass fields. I found these beds this spring and they were some of the better looking beds on this piece of public. I'm just not sure how to hunt them. I will try to attach a picture to show the area I'm talking about. There is probably 150 yards of grass to the west of these areas before the woods start. Not great access with all the grass either. There's a parking area directly to the east of the swamp on the right side of the picture and sw of all the bedding as well. Grass/crp on east side as well. They can see you coming from a ways away.

Just trying to get some ideas.

Picture remved

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Bedding swamp crp transition

Unread postby dan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:35 pm

I can't see the pic's, they are blocked on my work computer. But, my rule of thumb is to look at the trails coming out of the bedding and hunt the 1st spot you can get barely out of sight, sound, and smell range. If its open area a safe observation sit a distance from the beds in a safe direction or two before season with bino's might give you a great idea how to set up.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 am

On another note I would cover over your GPS coordinates in your picture. I have no desire to 'steal' the spots of others, finding them on my own terms is half of hunting for me, but not everyone has this view and some will use your hard work without any effort on their part without a second thought.
bkraus

Unread postby bkraus » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:44 am

You would be suprise what you can get away with in that crp. it gets pretty tall early season just use the wind for advantage for your movement. Is the any high or low spots in the crp? That's where the be if it was my guess. They will be in the crp and then if the get bumped they will bust into the swamp. Just a guess though.
Nimrodhunter

Unread postby Nimrodhunter » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:37 am

Thanks for the replies, looks like I better do a little more recon via observation sits and boots on the ground.

Also how do i edit this picture or delete it so I can post a new one without coordinates!!
Last edited by Nimrodhunter on Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:45 am

Nimrodhunter wrote:Thanks for the replies, looks like I better do a little more recon via observation sites and boots on the ground.

Also how do i edit this picture or delete it so I can post a new one without coordinates!!

I will remove it for you
Nimrodhunter

Unread postby Nimrodhunter » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:49 am

New picture...thanks dan

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”