Q & A - Ridgerunner7

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bucky

Re: Q & A - Ridgerunner7

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:17 am

I think Andy is truly one of the best whitetail hunters in the US. I’m serious too

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:53 am

Bucky wrote:I think Andy is truly one of the best whitetail hunters in the US. I’m serious too

Absolutely.

For those new to the forum, a few years back Andy killed 6 bucks, all 3.5+ yrs old, in only 19 total hunts across multiple states. Someone correct me if those numbers are off. Truly incredible.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:04 am

On another level no doubt. Great job Andy. :clap:
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:08 am

Bucky wrote:I think Andy is truly one of the best whitetail hunters in the US. I’m serious too

Absolutely agree. If not the best.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:27 am

I wouldn’t want to be a mature buck living in the vicinity of land rr7 roams.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:43 am

I like the answer to no. 21 :lol:

It was a good read. It’s funny how I read through these and certain answers I feel like it’s exactly what I would write and then others it is exact opposite...

I think these Q&A threads have really help drive that point home that you can go about it many different ways.

Great writing, as always. You are a real asset to the community.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:34 am

I honestly couldn’t agree more with this statement. It’s clear and evident the level of obsession it takes to reach the level he is on. So many guys who love this game, put time and effort into certain aspects but when your working at every single aspect of the game year around then the results show. Many talk the talk but few walk that walk. Andy is a guy who I look up to and have great respect for. Not only one of the best the whitetail hunters out there, he is a humble guy on top of that. Good stuff Andy!
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:32 pm

Great Q & A Andy!

Wouldn't it be something to have a camera follow Andy around to document one of his seasons?!
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:57 am

PK_ wrote:I like the answer to no. 21 :lol:

It was a good read. It’s funny how I read through these and certain answers I feel like it’s exactly what I would write and then others it is exact opposite...

I think these Q&A threads have really help drive that point home that you can go about it many different ways.

Great writing, as always. You are a real asset to the community.

That's funny you say that PK. I wrote the first part of this a few months ago when I was first asked by Lockdown. When I read your Q and A style, it was very similar to what had started writing. It was excellent by the way.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:01 am

Lockdown - is there a separate category or sticky where these are being stored?
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:12 am

I apologize for taking so long with this and for my answers being so short. Life has been super busy. I'd be happy to elaborate more.

As far as being the best..(which I assure you I am not)... There was a time, probably 15-20 years ago when I strived to be the "best". I was comparing myself to other successful hunters and found myself bitter if they hunted better areas or shot bigger bucks than me. I was immature and insecure. It didn't take long to self reflect and realize that this was ruining my enjoyment in hunting. I'm a pretty intense competitor, but mostly with myself these days. I want to be better than the Andy from last year. That's all. I no longer worry about what other guys do. I do find hunters like PK, Bucky, Bowhunter4life,(and many other guys here) extremely inspiring . Now I root for the other guy, talk with them, and hopefully we learn from each other. My urge to learn more and improve has never been stronger really. I see what some of these guys do and I know there is still so much I can learn.

That's me being honest and transparent.
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:20 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:I apologize for taking so long with this and for my answers being so short. Life has been super busy. I'd be happy to elaborate more.

As far as being the best..(which I assure you I am not)... There was a time, probably 15-20 years ago when I strived to be the "best". I was comparing myself to other successful hunters and found myself bitter if they hunted better areas or shot bigger bucks than me. I was immature and insecure. It didn't take long to self reflect and realize that this was ruining my enjoyment in hunting. I'm a pretty intense competitor, but mostly with myself these days. I want to be better than the Andy from last year. That's all. I no longer worry about what other guys do. I do find hunters like PK, Bucky, Bowhunter4life,(and many other guys here) extremely inspiring . Now I root for the other guy, talk with them, and hopefully we learn from each other. My urge to learn more and improve has never been stronger really. I see what some of these guys do and I know there is still so much I can learn.

And that’s an awesome attitude and a great example of words to live by. :clap:

I’d be interested to hear more about the super busy.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mainebowhunter » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:01 am

Ridgerunner7 wrote:I apologize for taking so long with this and for my answers being so short. Life has been super busy. I'd be happy to elaborate more.

You are right, it ruins it and takes the fun right out of it. Been guilty of that myself. Guys can get so critical of each other.

You definitely inspire me to push harder and get better. Your a great example of how to be good at something and remain grounded.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:36 am

DaveT1963 wrote:Lockdown - is there a separate category or sticky where these are being stored?

They’re down with the hunter profiles in all time best tactical
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:50 am

Bucky, im not trying to divert the attn away from Andy because I agree that he is a stone cold killer!!! Love his attitude and abilities to get it done on some slobs

BUT MAN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!

Would love to read a Q&A with you brother.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”