Bedding scenario for early October-Beast Test

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

cjw5136

Re: Bedding scenario for early October-Beast Test

Unread postby cjw5136 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:53 pm

[quote="Lockdown"]I’ve scouted and hunted a few places similar to this. I think you will find an abundance of decent bedding with very little that says “THIS IS IT!”. Pressure will play a big part in where they bed. Around here pressure is very low and I would suspect bedding would be pretty “loose”, meaning they’ll be hard to pin down.

I’ve actually walked this area one time. Lockdown nailed it with his comments above, that was my findings from the one day I was able to get in there. This area is closed from January to August so the prime spring scouting time is off limits.

Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:41 pm

Sorry to disappoint anyone following this thread. I won't be able to post my scouting from last fall and late season hunting on this property bc I have pretty detailed intel on this spot. I guess the world is a smaller place than I thought.

KLEMZ wrote:Double Draw, awesome thread idea! This is reminiscent of the beast circa 2011-2013. Everybody used to post aerials and topos and Dan would mark them up. I learned a ton by looking at Dan's mark ups! Nowadays, everybody is paranoid to post there hunting aerials "online". Times change.

cjw5136 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:I’ve scouted and hunted a few places similar to this. I think you will find an abundance of decent bedding with very little that says “THIS IS IT!”. Pressure will play a big part in where they bed. Around here pressure is very low and I would suspect bedding would be pretty “loose”, meaning they’ll be hard to pin down.

I’ve actually walked this area one time. Lockdown nailed it with his comments above, that was my findings from the one day I was able to get in there. This area is closed from January to August so the prime spring scouting time is off limits.

I guess now I understand why folks don't post locations even when they are seemingly nondescript. Just a little too much information shared that someone could pin down this location with a bit of research.Not calling anyone out just learning the hard way to be more discerning in what I share. :think: I think it would have been a good learning tool, too.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:45 am

Double Draw wrote:Sorry to disappoint anyone following this thread. I won't be able to post my scouting from last fall and late season hunting on this property bc I have pretty detailed intel on this spot. I guess the world is a smaller place than I thought.

KLEMZ wrote:Double Draw, awesome thread idea! This is reminiscent of the beast circa 2011-2013. Everybody used to post aerials and topos and Dan would mark them up. I learned a ton by looking at Dan's mark ups! Nowadays, everybody is paranoid to post there hunting aerials "online". Times change.

cjw5136 wrote:
Lockdown wrote:I’ve scouted and hunted a few places similar to this. I think you will find an abundance of decent bedding with very little that says “THIS IS IT!”. Pressure will play a big part in where they bed. Around here pressure is very low and I would suspect bedding would be pretty “loose”, meaning they’ll be hard to pin down.

I guess now I understand why folks don't post locations even when they are seemingly nondescript. Just a little too much information shared that someone could pin down this location with a bit of research.Not calling anyone out just learning the hard way to be more discerning in what I share. :think: I think it would have been a good learning tool, too.

This was a perfect opportunity for you to post a super detailed, marked up map with a bunch of wrong info. Could have included random pics of giant sheds and trail cam bucks. :lol:
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm

20190604_055741.png

Red dot buck bedding
Green would me where I would setup.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:22 pm

The areas above is where I would select if I were going in blind the stand I chose would be based upon wind.

The reason i would select these spots is they are along transition lines that other hunters probably would overlook.

If I had a week .
These spots caught my attention.
20190604_212032.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”