Question: Iowa Tag/License

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BKMississippi

Question: Iowa Tag/License

Unread postby BKMississippi » Fri May 24, 2019 5:06 am

Due to work my cousin and I may not be able to make our Iowa trip this year. We're coming up on the deadline to apply. We're sitting on four points, and based on the data I'm seen, we would be drawn this year.

Is there any way we could purchase our license and tag, but have an option to postpone it a year if we realize before the season that we won't be able to make the trip?

I think I know the answer already, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

muddy

Re: Question: Iowa Tag/License

Unread postby muddy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:30 am

If you apply and get drawn you cant "sit on the tag" until the next season. If you dont think you'll be able to make it this year just bank the points and put in for the tag next year.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
BKMississippi

Unread postby BKMississippi » Fri May 24, 2019 5:34 am

Thank you. That's what I thought but wanted to hear it from someone else.

We can actually make the hunting trip, but we're not 100% about being able to make a scout trip, we always like to get boots on the ground before we hunt a property.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Fri May 24, 2019 6:24 am

BKMississippi wrote:Thank you. That's what I thought but wanted to hear it from someone else.

We can actually make the hunting trip, but we're not 100% about being able to make a scout trip, we always like to get boots on the ground before we hunt a property.

Hey dont take my word as gospel, living in Iowa means I draw 2 tags every year and do my best to shoot a dink. Go to the IDNR website and contact someone in the know and get a 110% for sure answer!
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

Return to “Deer Hunting”