Which DVD to start with? *Dans*

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

burtle

Which DVD to start with? *Dans*

Unread postby burtle » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:16 am

Hey guys

I live in central Illinois and I'm trying to learn more about bedding and pattering bucks.

Which DVD would you guys suggest I start with? Which one after the first one? I'm looking to order both today if I can get some solid advice.

I downloaded onX and I plan on using that as a tool this year to mark beds etc...

peteherbst

Re: Which DVD to start with? *Dans*

Unread postby peteherbst » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:25 am

You can definitely start with whichever one might suit the land you’re hunting best, but the marsh and swamp DVDs set good basics hat are used throughout. I’ve probably watched those two the most.
“You have to pay your dues”
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:08 am

They are best suited to watch in order, but if your only wanting to buy two, and your hunting Illinois I would focus on hill and farm bedding.
burtle

Unread postby burtle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:58 am

Thank guy!!

Dan, thanks! I appreciate it. I'm going to order some DVD's today!
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:30 am

I was in the same boat and ended up ordering the rest three days after I got farm and hill. Save the shipping and just get them all!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:06 am

I agree with the others...if you have the cash, get em all...even the older ones if they are still available..I'm not sure if they are?

I have them all. After seeing one I had to have the rest....even if you don't hunt swamps or marshes there is great information in them that is applicable elsewhere. Example, I find buck bedding and travel in CRP type fields is like you would in a marsh...find a lone tree or cluster of trees or points of woods etc

It also inspired me to scout wet ground that I normally drive right by. I find the hunting in the wetlands is exponentially better than the high ground. I've started to really focus my scouting and early season hunting in the wetlands. Last season I spent about 2 hours in my stand and drug out my biggest archery buck opening evening. I had a lot of scouting and a couple hunts previous years in that spot so it felt awesome to put one down back in there.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:22 am

Ditto - get them all if possible. You'll burn through two and be back for more. Save on shipping and I've heard something I can apply in each one even though they don't all apply to my area.
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:53 am

Fun part is going back later and watching them again and picking up on something you missed the first time after you have been applying the tactics for a little while
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:21 am

backstraps wrote:Fun part is going back later and watching them again and picking up on something you missed the first time after you have been applying the tactics for a little while

Agree. I watched the old Marsh Bucks video at least 20 times and I'm amazed how I still pick up little tidbits each and every time I watch it.
burtle

Unread postby burtle » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:34 am

You guys all make great points once again

I'm ordering all of the DVD's

I plan to do an out of state hunt someday with Marsh land so I might as well learn as much as I possibly can from all of them

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”