How about that.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

greenhorndave
500 Club

Re: How about that.

Unread postby greenhorndave » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Some impressive deer for sure

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself." - Groucho Marx
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 am

ghoasthunter wrote: my state is given incentive from auto insurance companies too kill more deer every year its the reason we went too unlimited does and baiting. its very sad too see the corruption in my state.

Just to get even farther off topic... Do you have any proof of this? Just wondering as WV is #1 in deer auto accidents for last 10 years and I have never heard of such a thing from DNR or from insurance companies or from anybody. Seems weird that a state towards the bottom of the deer car collision list like NJ would be offered incentive from auto companies to kill more deer. If anything I would think the insurance companies would want more deer-after all they make more money selling extra insurance such as special deer coverage like we have in WV...
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:02 am

brancher147 wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote: my state is given incentive from auto insurance companies too kill more deer every year its the reason we went too unlimited does and baiting. its very sad too see the corruption in my state.

Just to get even farther off topic... Do you have any proof of this? Just wondering as WV is #1 in deer auto accidents for last 10 years and I have never heard of such a thing from DNR or from insurance companies or from anybody. Seems weird that a state towards the bottom of the deer car collision list like NJ would be offered incentive from auto companies to kill more deer. If anything I would think the insurance companies would want more deer-after all they make more money selling extra insurance such as special deer coverage like we have in WV...

https://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/deer.htm if you scroll down too bottom of page you will see the link on bottom too "deer car crash reduction program" if you try going too link it goes too a nothing now and was removed around the time that the internet censorship started. NJ division of fish and wildlife is controlled threw NJ legislature which gets a lot of control threw private corporations and super packs basically a group of big shots that should not have responsibility over fish and game get too take the lead. just this year our Governor Myrphy shut down our bear hunting season on public lands which violates law on public lands. NJ chooses where they want funding for our biologists and fish and wildlife guidelines go and often that is against fish and wildlife recommendations. NJ budgeted out our trout stocking programs so that we only now stock the cheaper rainbow trout, no more browns or brook trout. this year they also removed our state run pheasant stocking program thats been hear for years. the did it threw making regs changes that were so loony that they could not follow them. any state that is turning liberal is getting these crazy hunting regs made after a while and its really sad too watch it happen.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

Return to “Deer Hunting”