PA Sunday Hunting Has Passed in the Committee

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Thesouthpaw
500 Club

PA Sunday Hunting Has Passed in the Committee

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:06 pm

It looks like PA Sunday hunting could be in place as soon as 2020. It will be voted on in June by the State Senate.
https://www.ydr.com/story/news/2019/02/ ... 789695002/

Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
sdonx

Re: PA Sunday Hunting Has Passed in the Committee

Unread postby sdonx » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 pm

I would really love if Maine would do the same... I think it's doubtful. Makes trips harder to plan.
Steelhead125
Facebook: Bruce Kozielec

Unread postby Steelhead125 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:13 pm

I honestly am in shock. It will be interesting to see how they decide to roll it out if it passes. Will Sunday be open to everything or are they going to slowly implement seasons. I would be happy if they just started out with small game. It could rekindle some interest and I would really enjoy taking my kids squirrel hunting on Sunday .
Public Land Hunter
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:23 pm

Don't know how you guys managed without it, I would go insane.
LowLight

Unread postby LowLight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Steelhead125 wrote:I honestly am in shock.

Me too. I’ve heard rumblings we were getting some traction but never expected it to take off this quickly. Still got a ways to go but things mostly seem positive.
Steelhead125
Facebook: Bruce Kozielec

Unread postby Steelhead125 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm

headgear wrote:Don't know how you guys managed without it, I would go insane.

That’s all we have ever known. If it does pass it’s going to be weird being out there on Sunday. I will probably feel like I am breaking the law.
Public Land Hunter
BBH1980

Unread postby BBH1980 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Guys gotta contact your reps. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff.. it's expected to pass the whole way. The NRA is behind it and involved monetarily this year along with other sportsman's organizations that make the farm bureau look like a piggy bank... We absolutely have to pour on the support. That means calling as many senators as we can. They want this thing to become a freight train. The HUSH group on Facebook posts senators number and email addresses. It's time we get this done! The PGC said they may start small. Small game and maybe couple Sundays during the archery season. They have made the Saturday change to the opener I'm preparation for this. They know it's coming. The writing is on the wall but we all need to do our part .. make calls write emails. It makes a difference and is why the NRA is on board and pressing for our freedom to hunt Sundays.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Exactly what the insurance companies want, that’s why it is going thru so quickly... opening day on Saturday, Sunday hunting, the deer herd will be hammered and they will line their pockets.

It’s all conspiracy!!!

:lol:
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:54 pm

The no hunting on Sunday law cuts most people's hunting time in half. That seems unnatural to me. I can't imagine living under those kind of restrictions to a God given right. I hope for the sake of hunters in PA, the law changes for the better.
JShea

Unread postby JShea » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:43 pm

Definitely better late than never....bout time :clap:
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:16 am

The next step is going to be a full Senate vote, I believe in June. This is not a done deal. Right now the Keystone Trails Association is gearing up a big fight. They are waging a fear mongering campaign that Sunday hunting is going to put the hikers and bikers in danger. Total BS but they are going to raise a stink. Luckily we've now got some big support on our side.

If you want to be a part of getting this done, the next step is to contact your State Senator. Emails are meh. Calls are better. In person meetings and real relationships with staff are best. Ask them what the Senator's position is, and tell them why you think Sunday hunting should be legalized. Be calm, polite, and respectful.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:57 am

As of now, from everything I have read, it looks as though the senate will vote in favor of it. I am sure the Farm Bureau will put a lot of pressure on them though. Hopefully contacting senators as much as possible keeps things in our favor!
andy

Unread postby andy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:08 am

sdonx wrote:I would really love if Maine would do the same... I think it's doubtful. Makes trips harder to plan.
It's been tried so many times and never passed. Don't see it happening anytime soon. TBH lack of Sunday hunting was one of the reasons I passed on PA for an out-of-state hunt this fall. Might be a minor thing, but you're right - makes planning a trip harder.
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:16 am

I might actually buy a PA license if it passes. For all you PA guy's sake I hope It does! WV finally got with the times this past season and it was fantastic having those extra days! The hiker argument kills me. I saw exactly ZERO hikers while hunting public land on Sundays this past year :lol:
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:44 am

andy wrote:
sdonx wrote:I would really love if Maine would do the same... I think it's doubtful. Makes trips harder to plan.
It's been tried so many times and never passed. Don't see it happening anytime soon. TBH lack of Sunday hunting was one of the reasons I passed on PA for an out-of-state hunt this fall. Might be a minor thing, but you're right - makes planning a trip harder.

It has never passed in the committee before, so this is a huge step in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”