New private plot e-scout

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

corndawg765

New private plot e-scout

Unread postby corndawg765 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Went on a firearms hunt with a few good friends in Indiana on a relatives of theirs farm recently. May have access to a new piece of private for a change next fall. Its about 50 acres of creek bottom that runs east to west. There is about 30 head of cattle in there at the moment. Drainage is quite steep up to some great bedding on a plateau on the south end, but it's difficult to access without bumping deer. We caught the guy pictured above moving during daylight in the creek bottom on trail cam(dates are incorrect in photo). Never laid eyes on him though. We only hunted it one weekend in post rut. I have my take on how it should be hunted, but wanted some different opinions on it, especially access routes.

corndawg765

Re: New private plot e-scout

Unread postby corndawg765 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Went on a firearms hunt with a few good friends in Indiana on a relatives of theirs farm recently. May have access to a new piece of private for a change next fall. Its about 50 acres of creek bottom that runs east to west. There is about 30 head of cattle in there at the moment. Drainage is quite steep up to some great bedding on a plateau on the south end, but it's difficult to access without bumping deer. We caught the guy pictured above moving during daylight in the creek bottom on trail cam(dates are incorrect in photo). Never laid eyes on him though. We only hunted it one weekend in post rut. I have my take on how it should be hunted, but wanted some different opinions on it, especially access routes.[/quote]
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Sucks you can only access from the north, but on a south wind I would try to crawl up a drainage. Like legit crawl if you need to just to stay out of sight. Definitely watch thermals on it.

But there are some good looking points for bedding like you found, and it looks like there is a nice thermal hub on the bottom left side where a couple points meet together. Would be tough to hunt that but if you can determine bedding and how they access that hub, you never know.

My $0.02 for what it’s worth.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
corndawg765

Unread postby corndawg765 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:01 am

Went on a firearms hunt with a few good friends in Indiana on a relatives of theirs farm recently. May have access to a new piece of private for a change next fall. Its about 50 acres of creek bottom that runs east to west. There is about 30 head of cattle in there at the moment. Drainage is quite steep up to some great bedding on a plateau on the south end, but it's difficult to access without bumping deer. We caught the guy pictured above moving during daylight in the creek bottom on trail cam(dates are incorrect in photo). Never laid eyes on him though. We only hunted it one weekend in post rut. I have my take on how it should be hunted, but wanted some different opinions on it, especially access routes.[/quote]

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”