Andrae D'Acquisto interview

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

westmichigander

Re: Andrae D'Acquisto interview

Unread postby westmichigander » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:21 am

Yes! Big woods Bedding, this will be good!

flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:16 am

This makes me happy! I know it will be awesome! :clap: 8-)
NorthwoodsWiscoHnter
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NorthwoodsWisconsinHunter/

Unread postby NorthwoodsWiscoHnter » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:46 am

My hunting partner watched the interview with Andrae before it was taken down and I missed it. He was telling me it was pretty damn good! Really hoping to see the footage. ;)
Northwoods Wisconsin Hunter is devoted to the working hunter who strives for success in the bigwoods. In bigwoods hunting, nothing is given only earned.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 am

dan wrote:Its all a matter of what he is willing to release... I really want to use the bigwoods part of the interview in the bigwoods DVD... That part of the interview is pretty awesome. A lot of guys don't know Andrae got his start in the north woods public around Antigo Wisconsin. The way in which he tackles bigwoods completely outside the box.

Super excited for this!!!!!
cmbrown337

Unread postby cmbrown337 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:07 pm

dan wrote:
Buckfever wrote:If you have 5 hours of content you should think about putting it out in a video. I think there is a market for it. "Big buck serial killer interviews the Lone Wolf" The education of a big buck killer.

Its all a matter of what he is willing to release... I really want to use the bigwoods part of the interview in the bigwoods DVD... That part of the interview is pretty awesome. A lot of guys don't know Andrae got his start in the north woods public around Antigo Wisconsin. The way in which he tackles bigwoods completely outside the box.

This would be huge. Can’t wait for the big woods dvd!
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:53 pm

I am looking forward to the bigwoods dvd, can’t wait! :dance:
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:07 am

This is the buck Andrae was chasing up in Langlade county back in 1994.

Fred Hoffman ended up killing the buck and it was the state record for awhile. I believe it was 186 5/8". Incredible buck. I saw it in person at Timberline Taxidermy just north of Antigo shortly after it was killed. I hunted up in that area quite a bit back then and heard about that buck. Usually when hearing stories like that from other hunters I think they are really exaggerated but in this case those stories were completely true.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:20 am

Dewey wrote:This is the buck Andrae was chasing up in Langlade county back in 1994.

Fred Hoffman ended up killing the buck and it was the state record for awhile. I believe it was 186 5/8". Incredible buck. I saw it in person at Timberline Taxidermy just north of Antigo shortly after it was killed. I hunted up in that area quite a bit back then and heard about that buck. Usually when hearing stories like that from other hunters I think they are really exaggerated but in this case those stories were completely true.

Yep... That's the buck!
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:45 am

Dewey wrote:This is the buck Andrae was chasing up in Langlade county back in 1994.

That's not Mitch? :P
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
P&YBuck1
500 Club

Unread postby P&YBuck1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:54 am

Wow, a public land dandy...
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:23 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:

That's not Mitch? :P

That was the WI Archery State Record for about 6 years.

If Mitch entered his it would be the current World Record. :P
PredatorTC
ProStaff

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:55 am

That's really cool! Thanks for sharing Dewey.. I'm no pro at scoring, but I cant help but wonder if those G4 were scored as normal points especially knowing what happened to the King buck. There is probably a way to look this up.
PredatorTC
ProStaff

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:14 am

Dan or Dewey... Do you know if that would that have been a public land animal?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 am

PredatorTC wrote:Dan or Dewey... Do you know if that would that have been a public land animal?

It was all public where Andrae was hunting it, I assume it was killed by Hoffman on public as well...

Return to “Deer Hunting”