Any info on the beast gear stands?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Primetime

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.

I get that and even if there was a pre set way to mount the sticks I would still use bungees for other gear but it is reassuring to know the sticks are there. I find myself always freaking out making sure my sticks haven’t fallen off.

adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 pm

adudeuknow wrote:Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.

Yea... they are gone. Did you sign up on the www.huntuingbeastgear.com mailing list?
adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Yes I certainly did. Just searched my inbox and spam. Nothing. :think:
adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:29 pm

In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 pm

adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

Sorry... Its hard to run 3 businesses.
adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 pm

dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

No doubt. Not mad at you man. Just incredibly bummed. Really was hoping to use them in late season. They must have went in like an hour. I've been checking multiple times a day for 3 weeks straight.
Barlow96

Unread postby Barlow96 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:05 am

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.

I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 am

dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.

Yea... they are gone. Did you sign up on the http://www.huntuingbeastgear.com mailing list?

i signed up too and didnt get an email either. i saw them going onsale on FB
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
tbowers

Unread postby tbowers » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 am

adudeuknow wrote:
dan wrote:

No doubt. Not mad at you man. Just incredibly bummed. Really was hoping to use them in late season. They must have went in like an hour. I've been checking multiple times a day for 3 weeks straight.

They were available for at least two days, maybe more.
adudeuknow

Unread postby adudeuknow » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:16 am

tbowers wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:
dan wrote:

They were available for at least two days, maybe more.

I set the gear store as my homepage and on my end it read, "out of stock" every single time I loaded that page.

I won't miss them next time.
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 am

Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:

I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.
Barlow96

Unread postby Barlow96 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:

I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.

I have never used stick talons. I guess cause I am using a M7 instead of a lone wolf.
ThePreBanMan
500 Club

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm ready for the assault 2 killer...

dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:

I use about 5 bungees. I get the perfect tightness by tying knots in them... Pretty much 0 chance of loosing stuff. Any type if clip or attachment has to be tight so there is no rattle, but yet come apart silently without a snap or a hard pull that could result in a clank... Bungees just seem to work perfect, not sure why so many are against them. Even if I made a spot for sticks to seat, I still think a bungee is best for clipping it down, and some guys use 3 sticks, some 5... What about the crazy guy who uses 6... I would have to have an attachment that covers any amount.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”