Any info on the beast gear stands?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
User avatar
Primetime
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:37 am
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Primetime » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:56 pm

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.


I get that and even if there was a pre set way to mount the sticks I would still use bungees for other gear but it is reassuring to know the sticks are there. I find myself always freaking out making sure my sticks haven’t fallen off.


User avatar
adudeuknow
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
dan
Site Owner
Posts: 38566
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:11 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:24 pm

adudeuknow wrote:Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.

Yea... they are gone. Did you sign up on the www.huntuingbeastgear.com mailing list?
User avatar
adudeuknow
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Yes I certainly did. Just searched my inbox and spam. Nothing. :think:
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
User avatar
adudeuknow
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:29 pm

In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
dan
Site Owner
Posts: 38566
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:11 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:36 pm

adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

Sorry... Its hard to run 3 businesses.
User avatar
adudeuknow
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby adudeuknow » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 pm

dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

Sorry... Its hard to run 3 businesses.



No doubt. Not mad at you man. Just incredibly bummed. Really was hoping to use them in late season. They must have went in like an hour. I've been checking multiple times a day for 3 weeks straight.
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
Barlow96
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Barlow96 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:05 am

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.


I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.
User avatar
jporcello
500 Club
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:07 pm
Location: Louisiana
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby jporcello » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:24 am

dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:Did the next batch of sticks come and go already? I've been checking every single day.

Yea... they are gone. Did you sign up on the http://www.huntuingbeastgear.com mailing list?


i signed up too and didnt get an email either. i saw them going onsale on FB
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
tbowers
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:40 am
Location: Polk County WI
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby tbowers » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 am

adudeuknow wrote:
dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

Sorry... Its hard to run 3 businesses.



No doubt. Not mad at you man. Just incredibly bummed. Really was hoping to use them in late season. They must have went in like an hour. I've been checking multiple times a day for 3 weeks straight.


They were available for at least two days, maybe more.
User avatar
adudeuknow
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am
Location: Western Pennsylvania
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby adudeuknow » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:16 am

tbowers wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:
dan wrote:
adudeuknow wrote:In fact. The last email I received was in August when 40 sticks were listed as available. Sigh

Sorry... Its hard to run 3 businesses.



No doubt. Not mad at you man. Just incredibly bummed. Really was hoping to use them in late season. They must have went in like an hour. I've been checking multiple times a day for 3 weeks straight.


They were available for at least two days, maybe more.


I set the gear store as my homepage and on my end it read, "out of stock" every single time I loaded that page.

I won't miss them next time.
"I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me."
User avatar
Primetime
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:37 am
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Primetime » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 am

Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.


I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.


I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.
Barlow96
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:14 am
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Barlow96 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm

Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.


I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.


I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.


I have never used stick talons. I guess cause I am using a M7 instead of a lone wolf.
User avatar
ThePreBanMan
500 Club
Posts: 2049
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:36 pm
Location: Fairhaven, MA
Status: Offline

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby ThePreBanMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I'm ready for the assault 2 killer...

Image
dan
Site Owner
Posts: 38566
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:11 am
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks
Location: S.E. Wisconsin
Contact:
Status: Online

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:49 pm

Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.


I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.


I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.

I use about 5 bungees. I get the perfect tightness by tying knots in them... Pretty much 0 chance of loosing stuff. Any type if clip or attachment has to be tight so there is no rattle, but yet come apart silently without a snap or a hard pull that could result in a clank... Bungees just seem to work perfect, not sure why so many are against them. Even if I made a spot for sticks to seat, I still think a bungee is best for clipping it down, and some guys use 3 sticks, some 5... What about the crazy guy who uses 6... I would have to have an attachment that covers any amount.


  • Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Applebot, bowtechjim, Waddams and 24 guests