Any info on the beast gear stands?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jeff G
500 Club

Re: Any info on the beast gear stands?

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:13 am

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.

I am with you on attaching stuff to a stand this way.

I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.

I use about 5 bungees. I get the perfect tightness by tying knots in them... Pretty much 0 chance of loosing stuff. Any type if clip or attachment has to be tight so there is no rattle, but yet come apart silently without a snap or a hard pull that could result in a clank... Bungees just seem to work perfect, not sure why so many are against them. Even if I made a spot for sticks to seat, I still think a bungee is best for clipping it down, and some guys use 3 sticks, some 5... What about the crazy guy who uses 6... I would have to have an attachment that covers any amount.

I’ve been using 2 kwick straps for years. They are simple, quiet and adjustable if need be. Lock down and never allow movement.

blackwidow
500 Club

Unread postby blackwidow » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Take a look at adjustable bungee straps. I love them.
Enkriss
500 Club

Unread postby Enkriss » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:30 am

2 stands now? Jeez where I have I been.

6.5lbs? How in the world is that possible? Take my money... :D
Itchy Bones

Unread postby Itchy Bones » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:31 am

Howsabout Christmas teaser pics??? :D
Itchy Bones

Unread postby Itchy Bones » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:36 am

dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:Lighter/smaller the better for me. Dan, are you gonna have any pre-set way of mounting beast sticks to the stand as well (like how lw and xop has)?

Its something Im exploring, but have not come up with yet... I kind of like the bungees cause I attach more than just my sticks, my jacket and camera arm go on it too.

I love using bungees and would continue to use them for extra gear but it is nice to know that your sticks are attached and set to the stand and if something were to happen and a bungee broke off you wouldn't lose any sticks.

I use about 5 bungees. I get the perfect tightness by tying knots in them... Pretty much 0 chance of loosing stuff. Any type if clip or attachment has to be tight so there is no rattle, but yet come apart silently without a snap or a hard pull that could result in a clank... Bungees just seem to work perfect, not sure why so many are against them. Even if I made a spot for sticks to seat, I still think a bungee is best for clipping it down, and some guys use 3 sticks, some 5... What about the crazy guy who uses 6... I would have to have an attachment that covers any amount.

I’m with dan here. I think bungees are the simplest most versatile solution to the problem, why overthink it?
theAdmiral

Unread postby theAdmiral » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:00 am

Sitting here with a fist full of cash. If there are pre orders I’m in.
Primetime

Unread postby Primetime » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Itchy Bones wrote:
dan wrote:
Primetime wrote:
Barlow96 wrote:
dan wrote:

I’m with dan here. I think bungees are the simplest most versatile solution to the problem, why overthink it?

I'm overrulled lol. I'm fine using bungees and the kwik straps. Thats what I use now and it works fine. Sooo many straps tho :cry:
Ladykiller

Unread postby Ladykiller » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:44 pm

I think I am going to use 1/2" threaded delrin rod. The holes in the sticks are perfect for this. Now I just need to find the right nuts.
Barlow96

Unread postby Barlow96 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:38 am

This is the strap I use. It’s adjustable.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/produ ... _vc=-10005
evernole

Unread postby evernole » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:10 pm

Presale soon before wife finds out where i hid the cash.
Enkriss
500 Club

Unread postby Enkriss » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:49 pm

dan wrote:
swampnovice31 wrote:is there any where we can see pictures of the stand or some specs on it.. type of metal.., hang on or climber? ect?? is it just called the beast gear stand then? Im looking for something lighter for sure.. I love my wolf assault hang on but am always open to trying something lighter..

The 1st stand is about the same size as the assault you have, its weight is about 6.5 pounds, its made of solid aluminum much like your assault, but the process of making it allows us to make it less bulky. It has a built in adjustable bow holder... After completion we are going to work on a larger size which should be about 7 or 7.5 pounds (estimation) and be the size of about the alpha.

Can you share any additional information on the stands or an estimated availability?
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Sometime this spring, at least that was what Dan said a while back.
Northbound

Unread postby Northbound » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:16 am

Ladykiller wrote:. Now I just need to find the right nuts.

That's what she said
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:05 pm

I can't wait for Dan to release this stand and blow everyone away.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
tundra

Unread postby tundra » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:31 pm

I sure would like to see the Beast at some hunting shows,,,, do not like buying stuff on line, like to buy direct, but I am sure shows could be a hassle.... Just saw those Beast sticks,,,,, lots of thought in those, very nice,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, really bet the stand will be great

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”