Intresting write up on cwd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stretch
500 Club

Intresting write up on cwd

Unread postby Stretch » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:08 pm

Came across this today, found it very intresting and scary

https://www.qdma.com/this-cwd-map-spell ... r-hunting/

"Let's go brandon, i agree" JOE BIDEN
crankn101
500 Club

Re: Intresting write up on cwd

Unread postby crankn101 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Sounds like zebra mussels...
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:01 am

Interesting
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:19 am

Interesting we had a case here in the up. The dnr has tested 450 other deer all negative hopefully it’ll stay that way. The positive came from a high density high pressure area, where almost every hunter baits, which doesn’t make me feel overly optimistic. It’ll be interesting to see how the next couple years shake out since our deer migrate long distances and winter in very tight proximity. I think it has potential to get very bad very quick given the situation but most hunters here will never give up the golden scrape
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:21 am

Not worried. Been here a long long time and been in the elk out west for a long long time.
MN_ArcheryGuy

Unread postby MN_ArcheryGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:24 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:Not worried. Been here a long long time and been in the elk out west for a long long time.

This should worry you. If monkeys can contract it, it seems humans could as well...
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/c ... 430046001/
cedarsavage
500 Club

Unread postby cedarsavage » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:08 pm

[Yeah I wouldn’t touch an infected deer. my wife and her best friend work in genetics and have for ten years, they both say just because nobody has gotten it yet doesn’t mean anything. I guess stuff like mutates all the time and because it’s been fine for 40 years doesn’t mean it’ll be ok tomorrow. They could explain it better than me but that’s the jist of several long conversations with them. quote="MN_ArcheryGuy"]
Bowhunting Brian wrote:Not worried. Been here a long long time and been in the elk out west for a long long time.

This should worry you. If monkeys can contract it, it seems humans could as well...
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/c ... 430046001/[/quote]
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 pm

MN_ArcheryGuy wrote:

There are a pile of different things you can contract by eating different foods, many of them can kill you, if I spent all day worrying about everything that could go wrong well life wouldn't be all that fun. Don't worry about it and chow down on some healthy venison. Of you do want to worry I'm sure you can purchase your own test kits somewhere, I don't feel the need. ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Last time I checked I’m not a monkey. :lol:

Seriously though it is a bit alarming that they contracted it but that doesn’t mean 100% that it will jump over to humans.

I agree there are much worse health hazzards out there killing large numbers of people daily. I always get a kick out of the heavy smoker preaching to people that they need to eat better. :roll:
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:30 pm

cedarsavage wrote:[Yeah I wouldn’t touch an infected deer. my wife and her best friend work in genetics and have for ten years, they both say just because nobody has gotten it yet doesn’t mean anything. I guess stuff like mutates all the time and because it’s been fine for 40 years doesn’t mean it’ll be ok tomorrow. They could explain it better than me but that’s the jist of several long conversations with them. quote="MN_ArcheryGuy"]

[/quote]

I'll pass on the ecoli infested romaine lettuce at the grocery store that seems to get recalled often lately before I worry about venison.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 pm

#fakenews
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
MN_ArcheryGuy

Unread postby MN_ArcheryGuy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:14 am

Crazinamatese wrote:#fakenews

Don't know how this is '#fakenews'. I was just sharing some info on CWD. I'm not paranoid of eating venison, and will continue to deer hunt. I just think it's something people need to be aware of. Though there are no documented cases of people contracting CWD, they have gotten Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. This is caused by a mutated prion, similar to CWD...
MN_DeerHunter
500 Club

Unread postby MN_DeerHunter » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:46 am

Here's a link to a popular Joe Rogan podcast I happened to listen to yesterday on the topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s6p2UP57Q
cedarsavage
500 Club

Unread postby cedarsavage » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:12 pm

[im not saying don’t eat venison. I’ll keep eating venison that’s been tested, I just think eating meat from an animal with a disease that’s fatal %100 of the time might not be the brightest move. It’s your life do what you want doesn’t matter to me.
quote="Bowhunting Brian"]
cedarsavage wrote:[Yeah I wouldn’t touch an infected deer. my wife and her best friend work in genetics and have for ten years, they both say just because nobody has gotten it yet doesn’t mean anything. I guess stuff like mutates all the time and because it’s been fine for 40 years doesn’t mean it’ll be ok tomorrow. They could explain it better than me but that’s the jist of several long conversations with them. quote="MN_ArcheryGuy"]

[/quote]

I'll pass on the ecoli infested romaine lettuce at the grocery store that seems to get recalled often lately before I worry about venison.[/quote]
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:49 pm

CWD has been around for a long time and not mentioned to the public. When the deer heard got real big, cwd was all of a sudden brought to the public's attention as a scare tactic to eradicate the population because the pressure insurance companies put on certain people for monetary reasons.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”