Primary bedding

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kcole1987

Primary bedding

Unread postby kcole1987 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:30 am

maybe this has been covered before I have listened to podcasts and videos but never had a definitive answer, maybe there is no definitive answer on this one. Just curious what others have done or experienced. Lets say for ease of explaining I have a 1 acre circle that I know is primary bedding, this buck I am after beds there on any wind, and from trail camera and visual sightings he leaves with wind as his back , all but once from the data I have. Say I hunt there on a NE wind for example I see him leave bed and go to feed he is 60 yards and I don't have a shot opportunity, I am hunting on the downwind side of his exit trail just on an off wind he never knows I am there. Would you wait till you have that same wind again? or knowing he beds there move in for the kill on another wind ? and can you hunt a primary bedding area more so than say a satellite bed ? instead of 1 or 2 hunts maybe you get 3 or 4 out of it before its burnt? I think I made some mistakes this year and moved in for the kill quicker and more aggressive than I should have been and wondered what others would do in same situation.... I just started listening to Dan about a year ago and it has really opened my eyes and made me think completely different than I ever have and it has put me in much better situations, but some things I just sit there puzzled as what to do , this happens to be one of those situations

John 6:47: "I'm telling you the most solemn and sober truth now: Whoever believes in me has real life, eternal life. I am the Bread of life.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”